Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an 11 month old lab/border collie male dog. He is crate trained, but we discontinued using the crate after he was petty trained. We slowly worked him up to be out all day (roughly seven hours) when we are at work. For the last two months he has been out all day. The first month and a half went perfectly..... No accidents, nothing chewed up etc..... In the last two weeks our dog has chewed on the window frame and a corner of our brand new couch.

I want to know some ideas to prevent him from being bored when we are gone..... I really don't want him to be in the kennel all day if possible. After he chewed on the window frame we pulled the couch back from the window so he couldn't reach it..... Then a week later he chews on the corner of the couch. We walk him for an hour every night after work, and may need to start walking him in the morning too. It's just hard because we leave for work so early. We leave him frozen kongs with peanut butter and chewies when we leave. We are also working on him staying off the couch.

Any advice would be appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts