Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have recently come across this website Koaas seems to have many dog ads by breeders, I'm bit confused as to how can i start questioning them, i feel they will probably get upset if i ask them too many questions. Then I checked other websites like dogzonline same story there and perhaps Gumtree. How many questions I should be asking the breeders without having them feel like being interrogated.

It shouldn't be this difficult process.

Have you guys spoken to breeders from any of these websites?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Looks like it's paid classified ads, which tend to collect a mish-mash of anything from "oops, my intact female got loose and was bred by every intact male in the neighborhood" to "how much money are people willing to pay for a mixed breed puppy?" to "parents are both champions and have full health testing" types.

A good breeder will appreciate you asking questions, and will happily answer them. Some things to ask are "what organization(s) are our dogs registered with?". In Australia, it should be the ANKC for most breeds. Another question is "what do you do with your dogs?". If all the do is produce puppies, they aren't someone I'd care to buy from. Another big question is "what health testing have you done on your breeding dogs?". Breed appropriate health screenings are important, so that a breeder will know what health issues are in their lines.

I know this is a "should I breed my dog" chart, but it asks a lot of the same questions you should be asking breeders.

Breeder flow chart by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

1 - 2 of 2 Posts