Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning on the news there was a little boy, probably around three. He was visiting his Aunt and playing in the kitchen when her big dog ran into the kitchen and grabbed the child by the side of the face. Made a real mess of him, over 150 stitches.

The dog was a Neopolitan Mastiff so was able to do a lot of damage. The mother managed to pry his jaws open and get the child away. Luckily she was right there or it could have been worse.

What gets me about it is that the SPCA won't seize the dog as it happened in the home. The mother of the child wants them to pick up the dog but the Aunt (her sister) has hidden the dog away. I guess our laws in Canada must be different than in the USA.

·
Banned
363 Posts
Should be seized and put down in my opinion. Feel sorry for the little boy. How can the woman hide the dog and then ever face her sister again?

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This morning on the news, entirely different story. Just goes to show you should never believe what you hear on TV (or read in the paper). Turns out the child was in the back yard sharing food with the dog. Thank goodness the dog does not have to pay for the ignorance of the parents as he will not be seized or put to sleep.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
This morning on the news, entirely different story. Just goes to show you should never believe what you hear on TV (or read in the paper). Turns out the child was in the back yard sharing food with the dog. Thank goodness the dog does not have to pay for the ignorance of the parents as he will not be seized or put to sleep.
WHAT? This is a dog that SHOULD be put ot sleep, 150 stitches isn't a quick snap that accidentally connected, it's MULTIPLE bites to the face even for a Neo. As far as ignorance, there was plenty of that to go around, Neo's have a major problem in the breed with resource gaurding, it's one of the reasons my friend who does Neo rescue will NOT place one in a house with children under 10.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts