1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
It's extremely subtle, but he looked pretty nervous.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
He was being held pretty tightly and some strange woman was putting her face in his, I'd bite too.
He did look nervous. Also, IMO, he gave enough of a warning for me.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
He was being held pretty tightly and some strange woman was putting her face in his, I'd bite too.
He did look nervous. Also, IMO, he gave enough of a warning for me.
This^

I really hope everybody involved can learn something from it and let Max go on to live his life.

At least pit bulls can't take the fall for this one.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
It was short. Many dogs will give more blatant or longer signals, and I'm not surprised the lady missed it.

But that clip is full of f*ing stupid handling.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
It was not that short to me. The dog had canines like headlights. I surely don't understand the face next to teeth program at all.

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
That would have been enough of a warning for me. Sadly, I meet a lot of people who would continue sticking their face in the dog's even if it showed its teeth like that for 30 seconds or more. I've had more than one person try to pat Casper and ask me about him while he is in the process of snarling at and trying to get away from their dogs (and while I am trying to get out of there).

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
If you read the story, it's all even MORE stupid.

Unknown dog in a high stress event then brought into a studio. Add a person shoving her face in his... It's pathetic if this dog has to die over this. Maybe Denver will now add another breed to the list.

I wouldn't put my face that close to any dog other than one I own.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Maybe Denver will now add another breed to the list.
Dogos are already banned in Aurora, an adjacent city(last I checked they were considering a repeal). If Denver bans one more breed, I'm going to be majorly pissed. And I've seen several Dogos out and about in the city.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like no one on stage was paying attention to the dog's emotional state. You can almost see the wheels spining in her head a moment too late.

Though one thing I noticed as a new dog owner is that ppl always try to put their face next to my dog's face and smile, or even place fingers near her mouth before I sound mean and stop them.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
What is with clueless people who think it's okay to "kiss" a strange dog? (As a matter of fact, I'm surprised David Letterman has never been bitten, acting the way he does on "Stupid Pet Tricks")

·
Registered
19,018 Posts

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Still it's stupid to put your face right in a strange dog's face.

THIS!!! What an IDIOT to stick your face into the face of a strange dog, especially one that's stressed. I truly pray the dog doesn't pay with its life for the stupidity of the owner AND the reporter!

·
Registered
792 Posts
What is with clueless people who think it's okay to "kiss" a strange dog? (As a matter of fact, I'm surprised David Letterman has never been bitten, acting the way he does on "Stupid Pet Tricks")
He was, actually. I can't seem to find any articles or videos on it now, but he was bitten on the show. He didn't blame the dog, though.

·
Premium Member
8,893 Posts
This happened in the WORST PLACE in the Western World for something of this nature to happen. Denver... They have a notorious reputation. They will dose that dog up with Pink Cocktail. He will never make it out of AC.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
This happened in the WORST PLACE in the Western World for something of this nature to happen. Denver... They have a notorious reputation. They will dose that dog up with Pink Cocktail. He will never make it out of AC.
This is exactly what my thoughts were. That poor dog doesn't stand a chance.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
THIS!!! What an IDIOT to stick your face into the face of a strange dog, especially one that's stressed. I truly pray the dog doesn't pay with its life for the stupidity of the owner AND the reporter!
You'd be surprised. I had a girl I knew but Mia had met once run up to her and scoop her up then hug her into her face and started making kissy noises. Mia's response luckily was to go whale eyed and stiff and not bite or growl. But really, you are going to get bit if you do things like that to an animal. Mia wouldn't have liked it if *I* had run up and done that to her, let alone someone she doesn't know.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
It ticks me off to no end that it's almost always the pure stupidity of humans that ends up taking the lives of innocent dogs. If some stranger stuck their face in mine, I'd bite them too (or kick 'em where it counts)!

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
You'd be surprised. I had a girl I knew but Mia had met once run up to her and scoop her up then hug her into her face and started making kissy noises. Mia's response luckily was to go whale eyed and stiff and not bite or growl. But really, you are going to get bit if you do things like that to an animal. Mia wouldn't have liked it if *I* had run up and done that to her, let alone someone she doesn't know.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, I've had people try to walk up to Angel and try to pet her. I step in front and body block them, she's fine with people who are introduced to her PROPERLY, buyt to just walk up to a 65 lb Doberman who's showing EVERY sign of being uncomfortable being approached. Well, there are FAR too many idiots out there for me, as a responsible dog owner, to let my gaurd down!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts