Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog won't stop whining and barking in her crate. We got her about a month ago and this just started up in the last week I would say. This morning she was barking beginning at 6:01AM.

I have tried to wait her out, but she will keep this up for hours if I let her. When I enter the room I don't look at her and pretend to be doing something else. She knows that to get out she must sit down and be quiet which she does. However that doesn't stop her from barking her head off before she sees me.

Any tips?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really don't think that is the case. She has been doing it earlier and earlier, while she still pees outside at about midnight before bed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello can someone help us out too?

I have recently adopted a Maltese (3 years old female) & she really isn't used to our house environment.. she barks all the time when no one is around her (kiind of like "out of sight..out of mind").

I think she wants to seek attention all the time when our family is out .. and according to our neighbours she barks a lot!

She also pees/poos all over the house. :( I'm not sure how to control her. Obviously "positive reinforcement" - giving rewards when she's doing something right etc.. is a good idea but so far it hasn't worked.

I'm pretty sure she hasn't been trained properly by her previous owner, that's why they have decided to hand it over to us? .. but it seems like a lot of hard work to control her behaviour..

Can someone please suggest a plan for us to fix her pooing/peeing behaviour? We did let her go to the park in the morning to allow her to do it.. but she still poos all over the house.. we tried to lock her up in the bathroom.. but barks.. :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts