Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a border collie puppy about 3 weeks ago. About a week ago, he would start to bark and growls at me for no reason. I would be sitting on the couch, and he looks at me for about 10 seconds, and then starts growling, backing up, and barking, but he never tries to bite me, and backs up when I stand up. I did nothing to provoke his barking at the time, and did nothing in the past to make him angry at me. He also seems to be wagging his tail a little when he does this so maybe he's playing? When he's not doing that he always listens to me and never barks or bites. Can someone tell me what he is doing? I am very curious. Thanks

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm guessing that he's bored, and wants to play, or he wants to go outside. He's stressed for some reason, or he wants something and he's trying to tell you something. Again, that's all just a guess lol

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I'd say with 95% confidence that he wants you to play with him. :) Zoey does the same thing when she wants me to play with her. Sometimes she will hop up at the side of the couch like she needs help getting up (and she doesn't.. she's on and off the couch like a monkey most of the day lol) and then if you reach for her to pick her up she jumps backwards away from you. She just wants to play :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts