Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 month old 50 pound american pitbull/rhodesian ridgback mix and I recently bought her a outward hound dog backpack and right now i am using 1 full 16 oz waterbottles on each side pocket.

I was wondering since it is summer and reaches 80-90 degrees daily here would frozen ice packs on each side instead of waterbottles keep her cool?
I walk her with the backpack an hour in the morning and then again later in the day for 30-45 minutes. Is that too much ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the response I wanted to make sure I wasn't over doing it with her.
Omg thats totally Bella I will walk her with the backpack for an hour and she heels by my side and is focused on her job (carrying the backpack) and by the time I get home she is pooped and she will sleep for about 15-20 minutes and then she is up and playing with her toys. Thats why later in the day when it cools off I take her out again so she can relax for the night.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Thats a good idea to soak her down before the walk to keep her cool. I try to go out right after sunrise so its not too hot but the humidity is relentless. Cant wait for the fall!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts