Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get home from work and get a knock on my door... kind of strange since everyone we know just comes in so I figured it was a stranger... in my pajamas, husband gone... anyways he hands me a package. Apparently the postman (he's a man) dropped a package off on my doorstep. (our NORMAL postman man knows to put them on our porch)... well my dog apparently came from the side off the house like a bat out of ... a cave and grabbed the package and tortured it. (much fun, it was the crinkly "ships clothing" kind). So he saved it from my dog and held onto it all day until he could give it to me (LOL)...

It's COVERED.... and I mean COVERED in dirt and poop.,,, smeared over the whole thing. I didn't realize it at first, I just thanked him, went inside and then I smelled... omg...

And then I thought... this guy held onto my poopy package all day long. LOL

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Wait when did you dog start ripping into the package? the guy held it all day? Why didn't he just give it to you after getting it away from your dog (which was quite brave of him)?

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Hehe, I wonder if the dog would have been able to tear through the packaging? That Tyvek stuff is tough. . .I have never been able to open one of those envelopes without scissors, but then again some dogs' teeth are as sharp as scissors. It would be a good advertisement if the dog wasn't able to tear it :p.

You have a brave mailman if he comes into a part of your yard that the dogs have access to. I wouldn't do it.

Was this guy one of your neighbors? I would save a neighbor's package, but it's kind of odd if a random stranger did that.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wait when did you dog start ripping into the package? the guy held it all day? Why didn't he just give it to you after getting it away from your dog (which was quite brave of him)?
Ahhhh this is my husband's fault... he let him out maybe have left for a few minutes... or not... I didn't get home from work until this evening in which my husband was already gone on a business trip... they're paths may not have crossed.

This was the wheaten though... Our Dane is not allowed to be where social interaction occurs for the safety of all. LOL

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hehe, I wonder if the dog would have been able to tear through the packaging? That Tyvek stuff is tough. . .I have never been able to open one of those envelopes without scissors, but then again some dogs' teeth are as sharp as scissors. It would be a good advertisement if the dog wasn't able to tear it :p.

You have a brave mailman if he comes into a part of your yard that the dogs have access to. I wouldn't do it.

Was this guy one of your neighbors? I would save a neighbor's package, but it's kind of odd if a random stranger did that.
During the week (usually) have the same mailman and he knows our dogs. Our wheaten has access to the front of the yard, the dane has access to the back. (The guy) It's a guy who comes with his mother to visit our neighbors... I dunno... the whole thing was weird LOL.

And that would be a great commercial for USPS...

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
And that would be a great commercial for USPS...
Well, more for Tyvek. . .USPS doesn't make the stuff, just buys it to make envelopes out of. I think it might be the same material they make bulletproof vests out of, just thinner. I know it's the exact same stuff they put in under the siding when you have a house re-sided.

Is your front yard fenced?

Right now the parcel volume is insane. We're having a lot of substitutes help out and take parcel runs. So probably any other parcels you get between now and Christmas will be delivered by a sub, not your regular mailman (who is busy delivering the normal mail). I noticed that UPS and FedEx seem to be having a lot of subs/temps delivering, too. So if you need the packages left somewhere particular, sticking a note on your door where the subs will see it would probably be a good idea.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tyvek is the shiz...

Our yard is 3/4 fenced... because we're a corner lot we couldn't fence the 4th side without it being super low. Both go relieve themselves off runs.... we only use the runs when they want to sunbathe and we're not outside or my husband will use them during the day. One day my husband opened the door to get the mail and Brody ran out and jumped into the mailman's truck. (loves rides)... we're pretty laid back around these parts... not a busy road, everyone's considerate of each other's pets.

I used to have a sign that said "packages on porch" but it's long faded and gone... might be time for a new one ;) I think I am all done with packages though.... I think they're all here. :) YAY!!!

I did all of my Christmas shopping online this year. It's such a peaceful way to go about it.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
I think everyone was ordering online this year, LOL. . .at least judging by the number of parcels! I've been working for USPS for 10 years and I don't think we've ever had this many packages. Granted, I do tend to forget from year to year but this just seems out of the ordinary.

Well, if your dog is running loose you get no sympathy from me if your packages get eaten! :p I know the rural carriers tell me that a lot of farm dogs munch on the packages. Especially cookies ;).

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OOooooh snap, and you live in a cold climate. I live near Montreal so I feel your pain.... but I don't have to work outside. I hope you're getting some O/T... or at the very least job security.

Oh wait I just assumed you delivered the packages... I forgot there are a lot of behind the scene folks too. Do you drive a brown truck?

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Brown truck is UPS :p.

I am technically a clerk (and get to stay inside mostly) but it's a small office so I also deliver the mail when needed. Yeah, it's cold but if you dress properly it's not too bad. Snow pants FTW.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts