Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
My sister had a disaster yesterday. They have an Airedale about 8 years old. He is a neutered male and has been around small dogs most of his life. Yesterday he killed their little Shih Tzu x Maltese, Mikey. She looked out the window when she heard the little Rat Terrier screaming which she never does and the Airedale had Mikey down. They rushed him to the Vet with broken ribs, punctured liver and diaphragm. He underwent two hours of surgery and made it through but later died. They are devastated. I have had my little dogs down there lots of times and he has never shown any aggression whatsoever and I was never worried about him. Her daughter came and picked him up until they decided what to do with him as not sure he should be rehomed or not.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
My sister had a disaster yesterday. They have an Airedale about 8 years old. He is a neutered male and has been around small dogs most of his life. Yesterday he killed their little Shih Tzu x Maltese, Mikey. She looked out the window when she heard the little Rat Terrier screaming which she never does and the Airedale had Mikey down. They rushed him to the Vet with broken ribs, punctured liver and diaphragm. He underwent two hours of surgery and made it through but later died. They are devastated. I have had my little dogs down there lots of times and he has never shown any aggression whatsoever and I was never worried about him. Her daughter came and picked him up until they decided what to do with him as not sure he should be rehomed or not.
OMG that is terrible I am so sorry to hear that...poor Mikey and that little rat terrier must be so traumatized...

·
Banned
1 Posts
Answer...... Pretty simple She is a Pit Bull (Am Staff). Dog aggression is a common and to be expected.

Both dogs involved are young adults coming into their own. Dogs typically remain more aware than than humans during sleep. It can be very hard to sneak up on a healthy sleeping dog (no deafness, hearing loss, etc)
And sleeping puts the dog in a vulnerable position.

To me is sounds to just like a reactionary response of a dog with some level of DA.
Answer...... Pretty simple She is a Pit Bull (Am Staff). Dog aggression is a common and to be expected.

Both dogs involved are young adults coming into their own. Dogs typically remain more aware than than humans during sleep. It can be very hard to sneak up on a healthy sleeping dog (no deafness, hearing loss, etc)
And sleeping puts the dog in a vulnerable position.

To me is sounds to just like a reactionary response of a dog with some level of DA.
what a stupid response 😂

·
Super Moderator
2,712 Posts
This is a nine year old thread, and reviving it to make a rude comment is in bad form. I'm closing this to further replies.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.