Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my beagle/boxer mix is really well behaved. We leave her out in the living room when we are gone and she doesn't touch anything except for ONE thing... the blinds! She likes to peek outside which, in turn, bends the blinds. She doesn't tear anything else apart so we can't tell her "no" and she doesn't do it when we are around. I think she looks for us out the window. Does anyone have any ideas? The other issue is I can't make any material modifications because it is an apartment. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
So my beagle/boxer mix is really well behaved. We leave her out in the living room when we are gone and she doesn't touch anything except for ONE thing... the blinds! She likes to peek outside which, in turn, bends the blinds. She doesn't tear anything else apart so we can't tell her "no" and she doesn't do it when we are around. I think she looks for us out the window. Does anyone have any ideas? The other issue is I can't make any material modifications because it is an apartment. Thanks!
we've replaced three sets of blinds in the last year. The later two because we have new neighbors or dogs do not really like. We block access to the blinds this week and it seems to work. We place a sofa infront of one window (our dogs aren't allowed on the sofa) and they haven't touched those blinds at all. The other window is blocked by a large cardboard. Lola scratches the cardboard when the neighbors appear but the blinds are safe. We're going to make a temporary screen in a frame out of rabbit wire to fix this problem.

Another poster suggested I use verticle blinds and I thought that was excellent! You could lift the horizontal blinds and use verticle as part of the window treatment?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Could you raise the blind a few inches so the dog can look out? If thats not possible maybe a baby gate in front of the window to block access to the blinds?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'm not sure that I have the ability to add any blinds and I also don't think it is cost effective. My dog is also allowed on the couch and big enough that she can either jump behind or climb up to see. I guess I could try lifting the blinds a little but then I run a security risk of people seeing into my apartment. This is confusing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts