Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 4 month old Terrier X Pomeranian was acting very strange. He was looking around the room following something it almost looked like he was staring at a fly. We got his attention and he kind of walked on the couch but was still looking around the same way. We got a little worried as this continued for another few minutes us looking around the room we couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. We got him to walk around and I got him to drink some water and eat some kibble and he seems back to normal, but was the episode anything to worry about? What caused it. Call me crazy but I swear my house is haunted, maybe it's linked :eek:

Forgot to add he has been going number 2 a lot more then usual today. No idea why it seemed a little odd.

He is doing it again a little and rubbing his face and biting at his tail a little.

Do I need to take him to the vet??

I'm wondering if he was hearing something that I couldn't hear and it was agitating him??

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I would take him to the vet or at least call the vet and describe his behavior. It's probably nothing but one thing comes to my mind, hypoglycemia. When blood sugar's low you can become disoriented and the fact that after eating he seemed back to normal makes think that's a possibility. But, I'm not a vet so this is just pure speculation on my part.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, although I am kind of shocked it took so long for someone to help.

There was no reply last night so I didn't talk to the vet or anything. He seemed fine after that but the only thing was he kept cocking his head to the sides as if hearing something odd. He didn't eat much kibble, I threw him one piece just to see if he was interested in it, and he played with it a bit and then ate it.

If he does it again I will definitley call the vet, and I will make sure to mention it on the next visit.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Always remember this.. when you need help ASAP, the forums are not for you, call the VET which can help you right away as long as he or she attends your call.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Always remember this.. when you need help ASAP, the forums are not for you, call the VET which can help you right away as long as he or she attends your call.

Your probably right but I didn't want to waste the vets time with something that wasn't important...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts