Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog has been house trained since we had her for a week, she even rings the bells at the back door to go out. She is allowed to walk around our first floor when no one is home and never had an accident. I can't remember if she's ever even went in the house.

Last night we went upstairs at about 9:30 a little earlier then usually but nothing crazy and she went outside. This morning I let her out she usually goes right away and comes in. This morning she was smelling at the back gate. I told her to come in so I can leave for work.

My wife woke up for the day and the dog had pooped in our upstairs hallway. What do i do to make sure she knows its not ok to do?

·
Registered
95 Posts
There is nothing you can do after the fact. If you catch her having an accident in the house you can interrupt her and take her immediately outside. How old is your dog? There are lots of stickies and other threads about potty training if you want to read more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is nothing you can do after the fact. If you catch her having an accident in the house you can interrupt her and take her immediately outside. How old is your dog? There are lots of stickies and other threads about potty training if you want to read more.
oh sorry she is potty trained, shes 3. Like i said never had an issue until this morning

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
If she's been good so far it might have been the case of she just needed to go, maybe she signaled and nobody responded and she went. So it might have been a true accident. Like humans, dogs can have issues that need to be addressed immediately!

Our last dog was great in the house, house trained in 2 weeks and in all her years with us pooped in our house because she was not feeling good

·
Registered
95 Posts
Okay so not a little puppy. I guess if she poops every morning before you leave I would make sure to send her out there a little earlier so that both of you have enough time for her to go? Hopefully this was a one time accident and things will go back to normal.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Sounds like something distracted her from going and then she ran out of time but still needed to go.

I wouldn't worry too much about it other than making sure she goes before you bring her back in again, or alerting your wife that the dog didn't go yet so she can try her again before too long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts