Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uhhh....last night I woke up to find my dog's head on my pillow. She was lying on her back with all paws in the air. I was sandwiched between her and my husband.

That being said, the dog is allowed to sleep on our bed.....at the end of the bed. Not sure what happened there last night. She is only 15 lbs. and is turning into an incredible bed hog.

I am really going to have to work on this and get her back to the end of the bed....or back on the floor in her own bed. Sheesh!

·
Banned
78 Posts
Ha ha. Good luck with that!

Seriously, unless you wish to stay vigilant all night long, your dog is going to get where it wants to be in the bed, right next to his prized people!
so cute.
I wish i could allow this dog on bed milarky, but at 49kg and 50kg, there'd be no room for hubby...mmmmm hang on a minute....lol

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Awwwe ... relish the moment! Some day you may miss this. :)

I soooo miss my little Leeo sleeping in the bed! He took up 3/4 of my queen sized bed some nights! Lol!

I love snuggling with my dog ... and as soon as I can trust Eddee loose ... he will also be allowed!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Only one dog in bed ?? lol I have 3 dogs and 3 cats that all sleep with me though if I tell Lucifer he is snoring he will go sleep on the couch . I guess its a good thing I am single because there is definitly no room in my queen sized bed for a hubby!!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I wish i could allow this dog on bed milarky, but at 49kg and 50kg, there'd be no room for hubby...mmmmm hang on a minute....lol
LOL! I slept so much better after I was on my own with just my dog in bed! She snores - but dog snores are soooooo much better than man snores!

I don't know how you could train a dog to stay in one place in bed....unless like what rotten said you stay awake enough to get her back to the end of the bed when she sneaks up. I personally think it would be easier just to let her snuggle =)

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I often wake up to find Pixie spooning me, with her head on my pillow. I think it's cute.

She's not really supposed to be on the bed, and most of the time she prefers to sleep on her own bed right next to me, but sometime she comes up in the morning.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I wake up like that all the time. a 38lbs beagle too. He snores and farts growls and runs in his sleep every night lol He starts On his bed, then makes his way to the bottom of our bed then up to my pillow lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
oh 15 lbs sounds amazing!! I have a big 95 lb chocolate lab who shares my pillow and stretches all of her limbs out and pushes against me! the black lab sits at the end of the bed and then jumps down halfway through the night to cuddle on his tempurpedic bed! OUr Chocolate lab Harlow sleeps like a person, with her paws under the pillow and everything!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Ha ha. Good luck with that!

Seriously, unless you wish to stay vigilant all night long, your dog is going to get where it wants to be in the bed, right next to his prized people!
so cute.
Hahaha yeah makes a person think doesn't it? Angel buddy would love to be in bed but he weighs about 60 lbs & is a tad arthritic, I don't think he could make it up on the bed anyway, plus if I let him on then OH would want Josefina (who has chosen him as her person) as well, which on a queen sized bed would leave no troll for us lol.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Jax rarely will spend the entire night in the bed, but he starts the night in the bed with me and on the weekends he'll usually be there when I wake up in the morning. And his place of choice? Often it's in the middle of the bed, head on or at the pillows. I've already told my fiance that we're going to have issues when she comes out here for a few weeks this summer. I mean, after all, he's here all the time so he kind of owns the space, right? And at more than 60 pounds, he takes up a good bit of space in a queen-sized bed lol

·
Registered
229 Posts
I love having a dog sleep in bed with me. Deebs has slept with me since day 1, however, she is great and always stays down by my legs. My now almost 5 month old puppy is getting a BIT too big to sleep in bed... tonight is the first night we're trying things with him on the floor. My hope is that he won't get up and pee/poop in the middle of the night, or chew anything up. (Wish us luck!) It's either this, or I move up a bed size!

I tried (unsuccessfully) to get Deebs to sleep on a bed at night, and was doing really well... it just took a lot of vigilance any time I woke up to her on the bed, and shooing her off. I'd say if you want her at your feet, you're going to kind of have to do the same thing and praise her for being in her spot. Deebs also has a blanket that she will pick to lay on no matter where on the bed it is... so I just put that sucker where I want her to lay, and voila! (I mean, she has peed on the blanket enough it's the least I could do to make it hers officially!)

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I wish my dogs could sleep with me. Eevee used to when I first got her, but she would kick me and try to push me off my own bed! Plus, the hair she shed in my bed made me itch so bad that I never got any sleep. I ended up having to not allow dogs in my bed because of that. =/

·
Registered
22 Posts
We usually have our two small dogs and one to three of our four cats in our queen size bed with us every night. I don't mind that at all, especially in the winter. But what bug me is when my pug brings his stuffed animals into bed. He has this one fluffy squirrel thing that feels particularly solid if you happen to kick it. I've woken many times, thinking I kicked a cat or my fragile, old chihuahua. The squirrel then gets another kick, right off the bed.

·
Registered
462 Posts
You are complaining about your dog's head on your pillow...? Wait until you roll over to find your dog's ass snuggled up against your face.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
You are complaining about your dog's head on your pillow...? Wait until you roll over to find your dog's ass snuggled up against your face.
LOL, My DH complains about that one a lot....something about the flesh on flesh contact really wiggs him out .

Caeda always comes up on the bed now, it seems to be the complete zone of trust with her and both cats, nobody fights, cats curled around my head, Caeda gets between me and my DH. Her preferred place to sleep though: between my legs with her chest and sharp little doggy "elbows" on my belly. That one always wakes me up. She also tends to steal blankets....don't quite understand how, but she does.

Love doggy snuggles in the morning though :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
We usually have our two small dogs and one to three of our four cats in our queen size bed with us every night. I don't mind that at all, especially in the winter. But what bug me is when my pug brings his stuffed animals into bed. He has this one fluffy squirrel thing that feels particularly solid if you happen to kick it. I've woken many times, thinking I kicked a cat or my fragile, old chihuahua. The squirrel then gets another kick, right off the bed.
my yorkiepoo quapo likes to hide his bones and toys in the bed, we get all comfy then I move and hear SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK ....................then he has to get up and go hide his toy somewhere safe or nothing better than rolling over onto a wet rawhide buried in the blankets

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hamish used to sleep on my Mum's bed and sometimes she would wake in the night to find him inches from her face staring at her! Hubby and I shared a double bed with him once - he might be less than 20lbs but took up at least 80% of the bed and snored loudly so we hardly got any sleep. He now has his own room!

·
Registered
943 Posts
LOL this is standard issue in my bed, two dogs, one 20lb and one 50lb, the Shiba (the smaller one), is not so much a bed hog, or very cuddly for that matter, he picks a spot at the very end of the bed where there is the least amount of movement between myself, Thumper and my hubby and curls up and stays put all night.

My Kelpie mix, on the other hand, lays vertically between me and hubby same way on his back with all 4 legs up and flopped, head on either of out pillows or sometimes we're sharing a pillow with his butt and his head is towards the end of the bed. This is extremely pleasant if he has gas, or starts having dreams in the middle of the night and starts karating kicking us in the face with his back feet and whipping us with his tail. Sometimes, I've woken up with him sleeping directing on top of me, sometimes on my head, or sometimes he's spooning one of us lol. Its just the way it goes lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts