Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So sunshine is about 9 possibly 10 but a Chihuahua, so it's really not "old"
In the backyard they have a kennel run (I think that's the word) yes has water in their.
I have a male Chi mix and they are inseparable. They do everything together which is making it a bit harder. Literally have to be in the same room/space pretty much at all times. They are very bonded.
Probably almost a month ago this has started to happen: I put them out and within a couple minutes she'll bark and bark. My thing is that before this she was very use to spending an hour outside and being just fine. But I don't understand why not anymore.
For a very long time they'd have the entire yard but then my parents started fixing the yard (putting concrete and building a small storage room) and since then they've only been allowed to hang in the run unless I'm watching them. But this has already been more than 6 months ago.
She did go to a vet on Thursday (last week) and she is fine. So I doubt anything is wrong with her. She went because she started vomiting but they gave her anti nausea pills and she's good now.
So I eventually will bring her in and leave Jr out and he'll start howling. Then I put him in. When she comes in all she'll do is sleep. But last night before bed I heard her scratch the kennel door in my room but I ignored as she literally had less than a minute inside.
This is getting me a bit frustrated as I believe (my dogs at least) should get outside time. Even if it's just them sleeping in the sun/shade for about 30 minutes. Before she started this she would sleep in their and just be very relaxed. I don't know what's happening with her.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked the vet and he said it might be because she's older.
Today my brother was cleaning the backyard and I noticed she stopped barking and was just watching him. As soon as he was done and came in she started back up.
Today I stayed home all day and I've noticed that if I "ignore" she does eventually settle back down. But she goes "off and on"
When I knew the backyard was gonna get renovated I slowly started leaving them in the run at times. Nothing has changed in the neighborhood that I can hear/see.
The 1st time she puked it was outside.
I was thinking is it possible with all that barking/stressing out could she have made herself vomit? (I know that might sound crazy)
I sometimes don't know if their truly bonded, today I was thinking how about if Sunshine leaves 1st.
Before Jr I had another dog and they were very close to each other. He died and she didn't "mourn" I can leave Jr in his kennel and take her to the vet and they both seem fine and vice versa. But I put her in and leave him out and he freaks and howls. And even though they do sometimes get mad at each other they seem to be very attached. But I really don't know.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh okay I thought I was crazy for thinking that she could have made herself vomit. She has been doing overall a bit better now that I ignore her. But at times it can still get very frustrating, I put her out and a minute later she's barking. But she comes in and just sleeps. I sometimes wonder if that's her just "slowing down"
As for her and Jr I leave them together when I'm not home because they're use to it. But I can see how they think they're missing out. Maybe their not as bonded as I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts