Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
…Bella sure does!

Anytime a car drives by that looks like the cars of people she loves, she takes notice!

Like my neighbor – aka Bella’s Nanny. As example, if Bella and I are out in the yard kicking the ball or something and a silver-colored Ford-type mini-van drives by, she’ll stop what she’s doing, have that “HEY!?!” look on her face and watch the car go by until she can’t see it anymore then look at me like “hey?!”. Then look back waiting to see if "her" car returns.

And it must be a similar color. If a red or black Ford mini-van drives by she knows it isn’t her.

She does the same thing if a car that looks like her most favoritist person on earth drives by - no, sadly not me - but my neighbor’s son.

Also with a car that looks like either my Mom or my Dad’s car.

I guess she does the same thing with cars that look like mine….but I don’t know. That's what Nanny tells me. She knows if her favorite person is present or not. She only does it if that person is “missing”

Does anyone else’s dog do that? They must….but no dog I ever personally knew before did that.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Yes, my dog does, or did where we used to live (now there are few cars and she can't hear us approach). She got excited whenever she heard the sound of my car. Lots of other cars driving by the house but she only reacted to mine.

The dog I had in my teens was the same way. She reacted whenever she heard my mom or dad coming down the road but ignored other vehicles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts