Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog just puked what looked like partially digested food. She pooped a whole lot of normal stuff earlier today and was her usual bright self. We didn't feed her anything out of the norm and she's still interested in her treats etc... We are monitoring her but how concerned should I be about this??

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Eh, IMO it happens.

Dog could have eaten too fast, exercised too soon after eating, that particular food din't settle right, didn't eat enough food, etc.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Could be nothing more than a upset tummy. Take a good look around inside/outside for anything your dog could eat/drink that may be harmful. Pay close attention to everything new: cleaners/fumes,laundry stuff,bath area stuff and especially garage area & anti-freeze leaks/drips from cars. Examine your dogs poo for clues. Don't forget plants and foliage that may be poisonous inside and outside.

If just a one time thing it may be nothing. Should it happen again take a good look at your dog : eyes , mouth/gums , tummy etc for clues and then consider a Vet visit.

Let us know what you find.

Best , oldhound

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice given.

Took her down for poop after she puked. Looked really normal to me. She ate her dinner too. Everything looks normal...

We'll watch her for these few days.... hope it's just some indigestion...

·
Registered
12 Posts
How soon after she ate did this happen? There is also a difference between vomit & regurgitation. Was it in a somewhat tubular shape similar to the esophagus? If so, that may be regurgitation, not vomit. If it continues, she does need to see a vet.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Mine randomly puke. Just when I think are going to puke they don't (like after eating something weird outside) and then they randomly throw up. I check everything else out and if the only thing weird is the puke I just take it in stride. Sierra threw up this morning right after our walk. I have no idea why. Otherwise she is normal self.
I just keep an idea on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts