Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ludo's quirks (there are so many):

1. If either bowl is emptied before I can pick it up, he will carry it around the house. Not to me, not anywhere but prance back and forth in front of me, bowl in mouth.

2. It is random and we can't find a pattern but, every now and then, when he gets really excited about a treat he will take it to the living room (always the living room) and play with it. I mean play bow, toss it in the air, jump around barking and running through the downstairs kind of play. It is the funniest thing to watch. It is one of two times he does the Husky-speak.

3. His spastic moments. I allow Ludo on my couch. Ludo likes to lay on the couch. Every now and then, when not getting enough attention he will roll onto his back, head on my lap and twist and turn and basically spaz out while "speaking" like a Husky. The only thing to do is either a chest massage or ignore it until he calms down.

4. He is afraid of boxes

5. He is terrified of dry leaves blowing around outside. He goes into instant protection mode and barks and tries to attack them. Quite comical.

6. If someone is near our windows (we live in townhouses) he will go to the window, put his paws on the sil and stare at them until they leave. No barks, just stares.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There's this rawhide bone thing that Nico absolutely loves and it's tough to get his attention away from it... that is, when I'm home.

When I leave for the day, the bone will be in whatever spot I throw it at, and when I get home it's in that exact spot, untouched. But as soon as I walk in the door, after Nico gets his little excitement out of the way he goes straight for the bone and completely forgets about the fact that I just got home. I guess that's good as his excitement level has gone down, but I think it's funny he's obsessed with this thing but only when I'm around!!

He'll even take it and dart off into another room, or if he thinks I'm coming to take it from him, he'll run after it before I get to it or just put his paw over it. So protective!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Your question reminds me of something that just happened yesterday. I'm visiting Arizona right now and took my French bulldog for a walk. The neighborhood has some cacti and as we were walking I stopped paying attention to him until he freaked out and bolted to the other side of me. When he did it again i realized he was scared of a CACTUS! I don't think he's ever gotten pricked by one and this one didn't even have thorns.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts