Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone elses dog/s has a funny habbit

Both of mine have a ritual that I honestly do not undertsand at all...they will only eat their food off of the floor.
We discovered this a day after they came home.They simply would not eat and we were starting to get worried.Then,my 4 year old accidently knocked their bowl flying,their kibble went everywhere,and problem solved! lol
Since then,we´ve tried all kinds of bowls,but unless the food is on the floor,they dont eat..so thats just where we put their food all the time now

Any habbits that make you want to go
....?

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Katie does two things. First, when she's excited (like just before walks), she walks in circles with her mouth open. Second, she discovered the power of gravity! She sets her ball at the top of the hill and then pounces as it's rolling down.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes mine eats her kibble off the floor too. Except she's learned to take the kibble from the dish, drop it on the floor, then eat it. We were playing fetch, and I tossed her plushie, and she returned with kibble.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Blu Boy "must" rearrange the bed pillows on every bed after they are made for the day. He has been doing this for almost 6 years now! :/ He must like it to look messy! Lol!

·
Registered
90 Posts
My dog Juicy will only eat off a flat surface too, so we feed her off a plate! She also has a habit of growling at her butt then running around full speed before going number two. She is a silly little girl!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Except she's learned to take the kibble from the dish, drop it on the floor, then eat it.
Mine did this when we tried feeding them off of a plate! lol.I mean,isnt it double the work?? Taking your food off of the plate,only to drop it onto the floor and then eat it?? lol.Silly dogs

Blu Boy "must" rearrange the bed pillows on every bed after they are made for the day. He has been doing this for almost 6 years now! :/ He must like it to look messy! Lol!
It must be a dog thing lol.Mine do that with the cushions on our couch

She also has a habit of growling at her butt then running around full speed before going number two.
LOL!! This made me laugh!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Carmen grabs my daughter's leg with both little paws to lick it.

·
Super Moderator
7,366 Posts
I think I've shared this here before, but Kuma has a giant stuffed zebra that is almost as big as he is, and he's had since he was 3 months old, so 5 years. He LOVES this zebra, has to drag it with him wherever he goes, and whenever he gets a really high value treat, he tries to share it with the zebra, and CRIES when it won't eat it!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Awwwwe ..... Kuma'sMom .... that is tooo sweet. Poor Kuma. :/

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Kabota is the Seat Stealing Hound. He always gets a place on the couch, but if you get up for a second, he'll steal your spot. Every single time. We've stopped arguing with him about it and just sit down in his old spot. Which he'll move to the instant we get up. lol

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Biscuit sleeps in a dog bed in our bedroom. She has been banished from sleeping in the bed with us because she somehow manages to take up the entire queen size bed with her 42-pound body, so we torment her by making her sleep on a dog bed. But every morning at 6 sharp, she hops up on our bed, finds a nestling spot near our feet, and goes back to sleep (usually on her back with her mouth open).

Also, she likes to nap on the bathmat when I'm in the shower.

My little lady!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Molly often times goes into almost a handstand when peeing, LOL. I had never seen anything like it and after doing some research I've found that it's not uncommon in small dogs. One theory is that they're trying to get their pee up higher so it's the predominant smell. Another is that they're trying to get their pee up higher so they're thought to be bigger than they are. Either way, it's funny as hell to watch her back up a tree to pee on the trunk rather than on the ground at the side of the trunk, LOL.

·
Super Moderator
7,366 Posts
Awwwwe ..... Kuma'sMom .... that is tooo sweet. Poor Kuma. :/
Thanks, I'm still trying to get it on video, it's the funniest thing, but no luck. No idea what's going through his mind when he does it, but it's definitely different. I swear I must have the only dog in the world that WANTS to share his highest value treats! I seriously dread the day that thing falls apart past my ability to repair though. He's very gentle with his toys, but still, it's 5 years old, and definitely the worse for wear. I keep trying to find another stuffed zebra like it, but no luck so far.

It's like the Busy Bee from Best In Show, LOL.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Daisy has a favorite toy which she discovered very soon after we brought her home at 8 weeks.....a little plastic watering can! We will be in the house and hear her making all kinds of growling sounds like she is killing or being killed, and look out, and she is playing with it. It has a fun spout to chew on or grab, and it "skates" across the lawn, so she pushes it and chases it and attacks it. The wind will blow it and she goes crazy, She has so much fun with that poor, holey watering can. So far it is the only thing that was my kids' that we have sacrificed to the dog.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
For the last two days Eddee has been jumping in and out of the bath tub staring at the water faucets? I had to totally rearrange the bathroom ... this afternoon he chewed up the rinse cup ... the only thing I left out! :/

Leeo had a stuffie we called "Benny" ... he would hold it in his mouth and knead it and I never could figure out if he was going back to his puppyhood and thought he was nursing again ... or he thought it was his girlfriend! Lol! :) The rest of the time he would shake it to death and growl like he was killing it!

·
Registered
591 Posts
You reminded me of this video!!! LMAO!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF02roMiN5Y
My Sophie does this too and she has even tried to balance on one paw while going potty. I always thought it was because she didnt want to get her tushy cold in the snow and her paws were cold.

Lucifer collects the cat beds and puts them all in a pile ( 3 of them ) then sleeps on them while the cats sleep on his bed which he NEVER sleeps on.

·
Banned
964 Posts
I purchased a garden statue of a rottweiler puppy..$20....
Roxxie tries to play with it outside in the backyard...then she gently picks it up and brings it into the house and barks at it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
My yorkie will walk across the room, get one piece of kibble, carry it all the way back across the living room, lay down, get comfy, snuggle in, eat the kibble. Get back up, walk all the way back across the room for one more kibble piece, and do this until the entire dish is gone. lol Why doesnt she just stand there and eat it all at once?

Zoey will not bother unfolded laundry at all, but once I sit down and start to fold, she has to walk through the folded stacks of clothes and towels, slamming against them with her big butt and knocking them over, until she is squarely in the center of the laundry mountain, and streeeettttttccccchhhh way out and far as she possibly can. Then take a nap. WTH? lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts