Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog sleeps in the front room ,mostly so she can't crawl up on the bed with us.There isn't any spare room.I haven't been feeling well the last couple of days and I think Snowball relizes this.After my wife goes to work,she'll come into the bedroom to check up on me.Lately she's been joing me in bed,snuggling up close.She rarely leaves my side unless I move into the front room,where she'll lay at my feet.She's there when I need her.Does your dog do this,or is in their breed or nature?

·
Registered
42 Posts
My dog will follow me everywhere. If we're on the bed, she's on the bed and usually points her butt in towards us (which is the only downside because of smells to say the least). If I'm in my studio, that's the only place where she'll be at my feet. She knows not to jump on my lap when I'm in this room.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have Crohn's Disease so it's not unusual for me to be laid up in bed for 24-48 hours once every 6-8 weeks. Lots of pain, very apparent to anyone.

But honestly, our dog doesn't seem to react any differently whether I'm well or sick. She knows my wife will take her out, etc. if I'm not feeling well, but it's not like she does anything to try to make me feel better. Of course, she's been through it many times so she knows it's going to pass.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
My dogs are not allowed on any of the furniture, much less the bed. They'll lay at the foot of the bed though and sleep on the floor.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
My dogs aren't allowed on the furniture either, because dog hair on my furniture makes me itch and sometimes break out in hives. But Eevee knows when I'm upset or not feeling well, and she'll glue herself to me, and curl up on my side of the bed on her doggy bed, as close to me s possible. Shippo's similar, but a bit more detached.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
all of my dogs and my cat are allowed up on the bed but not on any other furnature mostly they sleep on the floor though because it gets warm on the bed and the floor is cooler.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Only one of my dogs is allowed on the bed regularly. (seniority) but he is very sweet about it. Not as much of a hog as my last dog on the bed. Oliver just lays his head on his own pillow next to me and stays on his own side of the bed. He loves to be snuggled as does my other one. I think that IS a Rottie trait.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
My dogs are very sensitive and attuned to me, often being aware I'm "off" (getting sick, very tired, etc.) before I, myself, am even aware! They all sleep w/me, and are allowed on furniture (though must get permission first). When I'm down with something, they all stick close to me, with even the non-cuddlers cuddling up, allowing me to put my arms around, and hold them. Maddy, especially, is extra watchful over me, and doesn't leave my side. Beau sometimes will lay on top of me (goofus!) and stare into my eyes! Geez, he's heavy! I have the darndest time getting him to get up and get off! Luc, being so small, cuddles up under my chin and pressing against my chest, staying like that until/unless I get up or move him. Lucia, the baby, fusses over me - checks my eyes, my ears, my nose, my neck, my arms, my legs, my feet, then will settle down next to me, soon getting up to "check" me again! LOL

I feel so pampered and loved when I'm not feeling well!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Bella is not allowed on my bed. She sleeps in her crate beside my bed. When I am sick she watches me constantly during the night until I wake. Or at least from what I can tell. Everytime I wake her eyes are on me. During the day I will spend my time on the couch. Something about the couch when you are sick just helps. I dont know why. Bella will lay right in the grove of my upper thighs and just keep watch over me. Its very sweet. She will come up occasionally to check on me and give me some lovings, then right back down to her spot to keep watch.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My dog, Belvie, usually will keep us company if my husband or i don't feel well. Same goes with the cat, Caesar. Most recently (last thursday) my old horse whom i've known and loved for 12 years was put to sleep. I knew it was coming, but it still hurts. Both Caesar and Belvie curled up on the couch with me. Caesar at my chest, Belvie at my legs.

If we are tired or not feeling well during the day (weekend) and we take nap, Caesar sleeps on the bed and Belvie stays at the foot of the bed on his blankets.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Baxter sleeps next to the bed and is allowed to jump in after the alarm goes off and one of us says "come up". If we don't say it, he just stands next to the bed wagging and his tail thumping on the bed or wall will wake us up. He's our back up alarm clock.

As for his behavior when someone is sick, he doesn't cuddle up to us if one of us is sick. But, if someone is napping, he'll be right under them taking a nap, too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts