Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Actually she eats everything BUT dog food, fruits and vegetables.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nala isnt' a very picky eater... if I eat it or act like I eat it, she wants it too. She loves carrots and frequently shares carrots and dip with me. She likes green salad, broccoli, celary, peas, corn, beans, apples, bananas, oranges, pears, onions, tomatoes, grapes, raw potatoes, and cucumber. She'll even share pickles and spinach with me. Yes, I know onions, grapes and raisins are bad for them, the onion she got by accident and the grapes I didn't know about until I saw an article on them. She also likes some less healthy foods like popcorn, cookies and bread. And of course the usual raw or cooked meats. Those are just touching the surface... her nick name is "garbage gut". Levi inhales what ever is given to him w/o even chewing... he's a rott and one that was starved so he eats very, very quickly.

·
Registered
185 Posts
How about a half pound of butter on Sunday? Hubster inadvertently left it on the kitchen table and left the kitchen. Sophie decided to check it out and enjoyed it thoroughly.

She whined until we let her outside and that's when we discovered the butter licked clean. No wonder she was whining and groaning so loudly.... she puked outside in the snow thank goodness.

We had to keep a good eye on her in case of pancreatitis. She had no food and very little water for most of the next day. We fed her rice and boiled chicken for dinner and the next day. She never did have loose stools... guess she threw up before she could digest it.

Other than that, she gets plain organic yogurt each day, as well as plain pumpkin... she loves it. We give these as a mid morning snack and a mid afternoon snack. She also eats cooked carrots but doesn't like them raw. We give her veggies and fruit fairly regularly... including leaf lettuce.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
my dog eats raw meat, bones, organs.

the only thing with any kind of vegatable or plant matter she will eat is kitten kibble and these treats i make with potatoe flour.

hates fruits and veggies

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well the only thing we have tried is, carrots and ice cubes. He will gnaw on the carrots and make a mess but he does eventually eat them. If I give him an ice cube he'll grab it up and trot proudly to his sofa where he chews and licks it up.He loves ice cubes. He is still learning to keep out of the kitchen and not to beg, so we are avoiding people food for the time being.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't let Beethoven eat anything that isn't dog food or dog treats... He's still really young, so I want to make sure I don't put anything nasty in his tummy... My brother dropped a ziti noodle on the floor the other day though, and he gobbled it right up! I guess it was a little too sticky for him though, he kept sticking his tongue out over and over and over like he had eaten something like peanut butter, haha.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ooooo... Peanut butter is another one... my dog LOVES to share PBJ Sandwiches! It's funny to watch her get a bite with lots of PB and not so much J. It sticks to the top of her mouth. I'll put PB in her Kong also and she'll do the whole licking her mouth thing cuz it sticks to the roof of it. That'll keep her busy for hours on end... trying to lick every last speck of PB out of the kong, when she was younger I was afraid she was gonna get her lower jaw stuck in the kong and it was a puppy one! PB and big dogs don't mix though... they get WAY too slobbery for their own good!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Mine will eat almost anything. Fruits, veggies, meat, cheese. And like Sophies Mum, I accidently left a tub of butter on the counter one time and came home to find it licked clean, along with the 4 cresent rolls that were wrapped in tin foil. If I give them shrimp, one of my dogs will toss the first one in the air like a shark tossing a baby seal.

They've also eaten or snacked on: tampons, teddy bears, shoes, carpets, blankets, bedding, artifical plants, kleenex, a remote control, furniture, baseboards, books, credit card, trashcan/trash, DVD's, and those are the only things that come to mind right now. :D

21 - 32 of 32 Posts