Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
My dogs will eat anything you give them, pretty much. And Rinoa eats things that aren't even food. She has chewed on the sheets in my parent's room and also one of my dad's shirts.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
She eats peaches, pears, cauliflower, carrots, dried cranberries... lots of wierd things!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Zoey will -try- anything. Even if she knows she doesn't like it.. If I'm eating it, she wants to eat it too. I've given her bits of raw carrot before and she will take it.. and go sit in a corner to chew it up into pieces and then just leave it there. lol.. But still every time I have a carrot she wants to try it. :p She does the same thing with popcorn.. she will chew up the popcorn into lots of little pieces and then leave all the pieces there and ask for more.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Titch will eat most things that i eat (if i take a bite, he'll generally eat it but he knows if i am "lying"), Tir is extremely picky, Lacey, not too bad....she likes apples and carrots but not all the time, Saoirse....most things you can't get her to eat if it's human food....

·
Banned
749 Posts
last week at the dog park Lola sniffed out a person with treats as she usually does. The woman asked if it was ok for Lola to have one and I told her it was. The woman pulls out a baggie with small pieces of carrot in it. She gave Lola one and Lola spit it right out :D

I hate raw carrots myself.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
yes. I feed him lots of "junk" and healthy food. he just helped me finish mcdonalds fries and cheeseburger. lol. he gets plenty of excersise to balance out all his treats so no problem here. His dog food has vegtables and fruits dried up and mixed in it (comes like that). other wise yes I do feed him fruits and veggies. I see no harm in feeding him human food (offcourse not onions, chocolate grapes/rasins ect that ARE harmful). he is at a good weight (maybe could stand to loose 2 or 3lbs. But thats nothing, and as soon as summer comes he will loose it plus some Im sure since he gets alot more excersise in the summer with swimming)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Lennox is super picky when it comes to food. He will not eat any veggies or fruit. He will not eat any unfamiliar dog treats or food. I think he just doesn't like anything not familiar to him. He didn't even eat a piece of ham when I first tried to give it ot him. (Now he eats and loves it)

-n

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Only fruit/vegetable Wally really likes is raw carrots. He'll gnaw on it like a bone.

He sort of likes green beans, but he has a hard time trying to figure out how to chew them.

If Wally had his way, he'd eat nothing but bread, muffins, and cakes. He will do ANYTHING for a chunk of apple cake.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
J.C. and Holly like vegetables. They like carrots, lettuce, and a little bit of broccoli. They also like apples too.

Shadow doesn't like fruits or veggies at all though.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I had a dog who loved fruits and vegetables. He loved carrots, but his favorite thing was the stems from Iceberg lettuce. The sound of punching out the stem end of a head of lettuce would always bring him skidding around the corner. My Golden seems to think zucchinis, apples, tomatoes, and bananas are strictly for carrying around. Definitely not for eating.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My dogs pretty much all love their fruit and most of their vegetables except for raw carrots for whatever reason...they don't care for those :rolleyes:

·
Registered
640 Posts
My 6-year-old Standard Poodle loves salad, baby carrots, broccoli, basically anything crunchy that grows in the ground. She used to think she liked oranges and would cry for them, but she'd spit it out after deciding she liked the smell better than the taste. :D

(This isn't a vegetable or fruit, but she also CRIEEEEES and whines for Buffalo wings!! She got into some one time and thankfully didn't die from it, but now, just the smell drives her crrrrazy!!!!)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Bailey likes carrots, green beans and sweet potatoes that I give her raw. I also make jerky out of sweet potatoes,chicken and apples as a healthy treat. She did enjoy a pickle once. She's not picky, but she doesn't care for citrus... The dachshund is more picky, but he will eat anything if he sees Bailey eating it:rolleyes:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Oh!! I forgot my dog's all-time favorite. Brussels sprouts!!! She LOOOOOVES Brussel sprouts. My puppies, on the other hand, chew them up and spit them out.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
As long as she gets good quality dog food, that's fine but be aware of the dangerous foods like onions, chocolate, grapes etc. To give her something to do try her on raw meaty bones such as raw chicken wings.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
(This isn't a vegetable or fruit, but she also CRIEEEEES and whines for Buffalo wings!! She got into some one time and thankfully didn't die from it, but now, just the smell drives her crrrrazy!!!!)
Icesis is the same for anything with barbecue sauce. She goes completely insane if she smells it!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts