Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I am curious. (Note: I mean if you let them/give them the option)

So far all my shelties went after the vacuum. None of the papillons care at all. Hank also attacks the vacuum.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I already answered this.. but..

Yes! Kairi makes sure that it doesn't get out if line. I usually close her off into another room. She is not afraid -- it is a fun game for her.

Ember just avoids/ignores it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yup. Jenni is all over it, barking, biting and sometimes playbowing at it. She can't really figure out if it's fun or scary.
Zylda didn't move an inch and just kept sleeping. Sometimes I vaccuumed her to get the loose hairs...

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
My bulldogs do, they think it is evil and that it is their job to exterminate it.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
For the most part they leave it alone. Some go run and hide while others will only move a slight inch to get out of the way. One dog, Allie, will randomly attack it. 'IT' can be a broom, vacuum, mop, and the Hoover Floor Mate.

·
Registered
265 Posts
One runs, one doesn't care and the other doesn't know what to make of it yet, not sure if the hose is a toy or evil. The ferrets on the other hand attack the hose. Over and over and over, until I turn it off.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
None of them care about it. Ryker used to bark at it, but he doesn't anymore.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Kayla was super fearful whenever I turned the machine on when we first brought her home (perhaps came from a vacuum-less home?) and exhibited it by taking flight. She now will follow me at a cautious distance as I make my way, knowing she gets a treat once I shut the noisy monster down. Would love to be able to vacuum her coat like my DIL does with her Labs but I'm just happy having gotten her to where she is now.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Zoey would bark at it when we first got her and now doesn't care as long as it isn't too close. If it does get too close she picks herself up and moves further away. Maggie used to lay where she would be blown by the exhaust ... she loved laying wherever the vacuum was blowing out.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Gypsy runs to get her balls and drops them in front of the vacuum, so I have to bop them out of the way with the vac as I go. It's an awkward game of fetch; she LOVES it. Kind-of annoying, but she would definitely be reactive toward the vacuum if we hadn't unintentionally started this when she was a pup. Hah.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Buster usually lays down in the room Im vacuuming, pretends to go to sleep and then gives me dirty looks when I disturb his "sleep" by continuing to vacuum.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Squash thinks it is the most amazing toy that was ever invented and if allowed he would grab it and run away with it (he's capable of it, too).

The others want nothing to do with it and find themselves very busy elsewhere whenever I am vacuuming.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Bennie wants to attack that thing soooo badly! Now that I'm going to be vacuuming more because of my allergies, I'm going to have to stay on top of that. We usually work in a pair to CC while I'm vacuuming, but she'd absolutely attack it if allowed to.

·
Registered
335 Posts
No... both dogs I literally have to bump with the vacuum in order to get them to get up and move.

Sawyer initially wanted to chase it (along with the broom, mop, and everything else that moved) but I never allowed it so he quickly stopped trying.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts