Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 weeks ago my family adopted a puppy. He is about 12 weeks old now and they said he was a lab/chesapeake bay mix. His pack had 11 boys and no girls, but about half of the puppies looked like him and half looked like black labs. He doesn't look like a chesapeake bay but more like a lab german shepard or belgian malinois. When my dad took him to the vet for the first time, they said he looked like a belgian malinois so that kind of sparked this post. He has a lot of energy but it isn't any different from normal puppy energy. Hopefully someone can help figure out what mix he might be? Thanks.

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Unless the people you got him from know for sure that the bitch was only bred by the one dog, I would also be skeptical of him being a Lab x Chessie. However, if there was a chance she got bred by more than one male, then it's possible that some puppies are Lab x Chessie and the other puppies are a different cross. That particular fawn sable coloring is the most common Malinois color, but it also occurs in other breeds. The "guess the breed(s)" DNA tests are getting better, so if you wanted, you could do one of them.

Reactions: shlof
1 - 2 of 2 Posts