Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I need your help figuring out if my puppy’s post-spay incision looks normal or not. I’ve been googling pictures and going through this forum page but unfortunately my puppy’s incision looks nothing like the ones posted anywhere and that worries me. The incision site is all dry and patchy ( probably cuz of glue??), no oozing or discharge but the incision doesn’t look completely closed! I can’t even tell if this is all because of glue that this incision just isn’t normal. I would appreciate your help :) also this is two days post-op but it looked the same right after surgery. View attachment 263948 View attachment 263949

·
Super Moderator
12,177 Posts
Hello guys,
I need your help figuring out if my puppy’s post-spay incision looks normal or not. I’ve been googling pictures and going through this forum page but unfortunately my puppy’s incision looks nothing like the ones posted anywhere and that worries me. The incision site is all dry and patchy ( probably cuz of glue??), no oozing or discharge but the incision doesn’t look completely closed! I can’t even tell if this is all because of glue that this incision just isn’t normal. I would appreciate your help :) also this is two days post-op but it looked the same right after surgery. View attachment 263948 View attachment 263949
Is there a reason you can't email your photo(s) to your vet? That's what I would do and what I would recommend.

Also, offering (or even requesting) medical advice on the forum in lieu of a vet visit is a violation of forum rules.

Dog Health Questions
Caring for your dog's health and well-being aren't always that easy. While our members may have good advice, it is just advice. Please use this section as a resource to discuss "diagnosed" conditions and treatment options for your dog. *Important - All serious concerns with your dog's health and well-being should be handled by a Veterinarian, so please refrain from asking questions that are best suited for their office.

This is not a suggestion. It's a forum rule. Anyone who requests or offers medical advice prior to a vet visit is subject to disciplinary action.

Canine Medical Emergencies and DogForums.com

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a reason you can't email your photo(s) to your vet? That's what I would do and what I would recommend.

Also, offering (or even requesting) medical advice on the forum in lieu of a vet visit is a violation of forum rules.

Dog Health Questions
Caring for your dog's health and well-being aren't always that easy. While our members may have good advice, it is just advice. Please use this section as a resource to discuss "diagnosed" conditions and treatment options for your dog. *Important - All serious concerns with your dog's health and well-being should be handled by a Veterinarian, so please refrain from asking questions that are best suited for their office.

This is not a suggestion. It's a forum rule. Anyone who requests or offers medical advice prior to a vet visit is subject to disciplinary action.

Canine Medical Emergencies and DogForums.com
Well I did not know that I had to mention every detail of the situation to receive advice from fellow dog owners. I did call the shelter clinic that did the operation but they have not called me back yet and I also called the vet that is close to my house but they said that as long as it is not red or oozing, then I should wait for the shelter clinic to call me back. So I found this forum while I was google searching about this and saw that many people posted pictures of their post-op incisions and asked for advice so I thought it would be nice to do the same. Anyways thanks for your concern regarding the site rules ( which I already knew) and hopefully someone else will have some helpful advice to ease my mind while I wait for the vet to call me back.

·
Super Moderator
12,177 Posts
I don't know how I could have been more clear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts