Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as some of you might remember, I'm getting an English Springer Spaniel puppy...He was born March 25th and I've been waiting since December LOL.

Now its the real count down. I'm getting my little Ty in 5 days! I already have him booked for his second set of shots (June 10th), as well as I have him set up for puppy obedience classes! I have all of his stuff, and more some. I'm picking up Orijen puppy food this week to switch him to. I still need to get clippers to trim his ear and pad hair, but that I can order pretty fast. I have three more things coming tomorrow (furmanator, Kong Sugga Wubba, kong dental (for when he's older), I have his training leash, poop bags est.

I'm going CRAZY cleaning and puppy proofing the house!

Oh! Question. I want to get him used to bathing, so that I don't have a problem when he's older. But I don't want to bath him so much that I strip the oils on him. Could I "bath" him once a week without soap to get him used to it? Just for the first little while. Just dry him with my hand dryer? Or should I get a different one for him?

I still have to make an appt. with the groomers, to get him used to all that.

LOL sorry! Just excited and I seem to ramble on :) I can't believe that in 5 days he'll be here after such a long wait! :D

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I don't foresee a problem bathing the pup with water only every week to get him used to it. I would just towel dry him vigorously afterward and keep him in a place where there are no drafts. You should also be able to use a human hair dryer to dry him on LOW, but do not hold it in one place or close to him to avoid burning his sensitive skin.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Congrats:) To get my dogs used to the tub I play "the tub game" with them. We jump in and out of the tub together, they treats for going in the tub, then I feed them treats while they stand in it, then I encourage them to jump out. After doing that for awhile I turn the water on and we play again with the water running.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Congratulations! Told ya the time wouldn't pass as slow as you had thought. Make sure to take lots of pictures!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! And I'll try the tub game for sure melgrj7 thanks!

LOL Equinox, Its gonna be the longest 5 days ever..almost 4...As soon as work starts tomorrow...*dies*

·
Registered
361 Posts
LOL!! I was just coming here to post and ask how the wait is going for you!

5 days here as well and time is starting to crawl once again, ugh! I did just find out today which pup from the litter I am getting so that is super exciting. Now I can look at the pictures and know which is mine :). I had to wait for the temperment testing, which was yesterday, for the final decision.

Posts with lots of pics when you get the puppy, right?!?

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I know what that's like! But once you get your pup, time will start flying... and flying real quick. *slanty eyes at Trent*

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL!! I was just coming here to post and ask how the wait is going for you!

5 days here as well and time is starting to crawl once again, ugh! I did just find out today which pup from the litter I am getting so that is super exciting. Now I can look at the pictures and know which is mine :). I had to wait for the temperment testing, which was yesterday, for the final decision.

Posts with lots of pics when you get the puppy, right?!?
Teehee! I've known he was mine since the beginning of April! I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting right now! :)

Lots of pictures will be posted once he's here...I'm a picture freak :D

LOL Probably not Shaina *grins*

I keep looking at Trent and going OMG how he's grown...And so fast!

No update this week :( Breeder is very busy with all the pups going to their new homes, plus she just got back from camping...Just waiting hopefully I get a picture update before I fall asleep.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts

I keep looking at Trent and going OMG how he's grown...And so fast!

No update this week :( Breeder is very busy with all the pups going to their new homes, plus she just got back from camping...Just waiting hopefully I get a picture update before I fall asleep.
And don't I know it. I was so glad I took all those pictures, so be sure to as well! How did you know which pup was going to be yours from the day of birth? You've probably already mentioned this already, but I just missed it. Was it based on coloring/marking, or was there only one male in the litter or etc? I'm very excited for you!

Make sure to let us know if you get a picture update... :cool:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ohh I'll take lots for sure..I take pictures like crazyyy. I wanted a pup from Rowan (his mom) and I wanted a male. And the breeder will (but doesn't make you by any means, she'd rather have people come and see the puppies first) take deposits of $50 to consider a pup sold. Well there was someone that already picked the other black male, so the breeder said I could either pick Ty, or wait until the other mom (Bonnie) had her pups. But I feel in love with Ty's picture right from the start :) So I picked him. And I picked him 5 days after he was born. So really he was the only male left. The breeder also said that if he was a female, she'd keep him for breeding. *grins* My cute little boy!

AND I GOT AN UPDATE *woot*

Here you go

His spots are showing better now! I'm so happy...Only 4 days now *grins*

And here is the other pictures of him for those who missed my other posts
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v600/SilverPhoenix69/Puppy/

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
One thing about the tub, make sure you have a non-slip surface such as one of the rubber tub mats so he doesn't slip in the tub.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
he is adorable! Look at how nice he is when being held.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He is :D . I really can't wait to get him...I got his food today...As well as a Snugga Wubba, dental kong (that he won't need until he's around 5-6 months and has his adult teeth) and...The Furmanator!!! LOL I used it on my cats and Oh my god it works so well!

*does another happy dance* just 3 more days :) And that is IT...No more buying things! :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
ONE MORE DAY!

Ack, I leave at 5am tomorrow to drive to NH and get our pup! I can't believe it's happening so soon. Thank goodness I have work all day today, I don't know how I'd get through the day otherwise.

When are you leaving to get the little one?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts