Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Re: Things We Wish Everyone Knew Before They Get A Dog

I have a super real question - I was going to post and say "hey, if you guys want to have a more current discussion about "BYB" versus "hobby" versus "reputable" breeders, starting a new thread will probably be a great way to get more comments than posting on a thread that's six years old".

But then I was afraid that that was backseat moderating and I'd get in trouble. Is it okay to point out resurrections and suggest people start a new thread?
If it is, then call me guilty.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

If it is, then call me guilty.
No, I thought your comment was fine, but I thought mine might have pushed the backseat moderating line. I'll definitely be stealing what you said in the future if I find it of necessity to point out that a thread is super old :)

·
Registered
7,842 Posts

I have a super real question - I was going to post and say "hey, if you guys want to have a more current discussion about "BYB" versus "hobby" versus "reputable" breeders, starting a new thread will probably be a great way to get more comments than posting on a thread that's six years old".

But then I was afraid that that was backseat moderating and I'd get in trouble. Is it okay to point out resurrections and suggest people start a new thread?
I would actually like to have a discussion like that, it would be cool. Maybe it even might be made a sticky!

·
Registered
788 Posts

Why be set on adopting a super young puppy? They don't stay that way forever.. adopt a dog because you want a dog. Puppies are only tiny and cute for a few months at most, and come with a lot of issues to deal with that an older puppy or young dog usually doesn't.
Yes but you get to train that puppy and with an older dog or older puppy they can have behavioral issues that you'll never fix. Raising a puppy is something that every dog lover should experience.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts