Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what kind of dog this is? We found it for sale at a flea market in the hills of Tennessee and i can't find the breed anywhere online. Please help!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Hard to say while he's still so young, you'll see more breed traits come out as he gets older. :) As for what I think he might be.. I have no idea. :-D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i agree. we are dying to know what kind of dog it is! we didnt get it at the flea market just cause well it was from a flea market...

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
That pup looks way to big for a yorkie/Shih-Tzu mix....My aunt has a Shih-Tzu she got from a wonderful breeder and she was no where close to being as big as that dog LOL...cute puppy though:)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I have no idea what it is but it looks to be already as big, if not bigger, than any Yorkie I've ever seen.

Jihad
and the pound puppy crew.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
The same "mix," not breed. ;)

Those pups definitely don't look like Shih Tzu/Yorkie mixes to me. It's possible that another dog got to the dam while she was in heat.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Guys I think they said they didn't actually get the dog, they just saw it there.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Guys I think they said they didn't actually get the dog, they just saw it there.
Oh crud guess not. Oh well I hope they at least get good homes. They finally outlawed selling puppies at our flea market... thank god! There are some people that try to sneak them in from time to time... but they get fined and thrown out... too bad it's not like that everywhere.

Thanks for clearing that up Jes
Nessa

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah we just saw the puppies there. i do not want to get a dog from a flea market because who knows the environment and if it was from a puppy mill. i hope the puppies we saw end up in a good home. we just want to find out what mix they were and where we can get those puppies in the future :)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I recommend you search http://www.petfinder.com and also get in touch with your local rescues to let them know what you are looking for. Perhaps you can even foster a few pups and dogs to help out and see what suits you best during your search. Really think about what you want in a dog, beyond "cute." Had those pups you saw been Shih Tzu/Yorkie mixes, consider that their hair would grow long and need regular grooming. Do you want to learn how to keep up with growing hair, or can you afford to take your dog to the groomer every 4-8 weeks? If not, short haired dogs generally require less grooming (although all of my dogs, regardless of hair length are groomed monthly), but then you deal with shedding. Also think about what sort of energy level you want your future dog to have once it matures. What else is important to you? Consider that if you adopt an older dog, you'll be able to pick and choose desirable traits quite a bit easier than picking a mixed breed pup. This is also true if you invest in a purebred puppy from a responsible breeder. Take your time, do your research and always enjoy the journey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfXGD4hP1Ro

1 - 20 of 27 Posts