Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Northern California and I looking for a good maltipoo breader. I'm having a difficult time trying to locate one. I almost bought a puppie from Christine Lopez until I read on a forum that she might be selling puppies from a puppy mill. Has anyone heard of Judy Oshanessy in Orinda. She is not the breader but sells with a group of freinds that do breed. She says that she stopped breading a while ago. She sounded great over the phone and answere all my questions. It would be great if anyon has any information on her.
Thanks
Missy

·
Registered
430 Posts
No such thing. Breeders selling "designer" dogs are doing nothing more than profiteering off pairing two (likely poor quality) purebreds and charging a premium for them. If you really, really must have a maltese/poodle, check out your local rescue. If you insist on getting that "new puppy" smell, I challenge you to find a breeder who does health testing on their breeding stock. PRA, CERF, GME, patellas OFA'd and thyroid for the maltese partner. PRA, CERF, hips/patellas OFA'd for the poodle. I think Brucellosis is recommended for all breeding stock. I really doubt you'll find any "designer" dog breeder doing all the genetic and radiographical clearing of their breeding stock.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
There is no such thing, if would look around a little you'd know that's the resounding opinion here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.