Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Well, I don't see any puppies, but I also don't see an os penis, so... maybe a female? Using x-rays to determine gender is not something that's normally done, so I'm assuming you are asking because you aren't certain if they are actually of the dog they are supposed to be of?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Long story short I got them done a few yrs ago for my male dogs hip dysplasic hips progress and took a long battle with the vet to finaly get to see the xrays. Roughly 6 months later after a long drawn out argument on phone with receptionist over having paid and not recieving any viewing of xrays or any discussion over the updated outcome i recieved these by email with nothing noted. I suspect there not even my dog as to me i cant see a penile bone.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Not only is there no os penis visible, these x-rays are entirely wrong for diagnosing and/or tracking the progression of hip dysplasia. The dog needs to be on their back, with their body straight and the hind legs fully extended.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankyou so much for confirming my suspicions.
When he was 1 he had pennhip xray as youve described by the same vet. Ive kept these xrays on my phone and hadnt deleted them so now i know there not my dogs theres no need to keep them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts