Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new puppy and have been teaching it to do some basic tricks like sit and stay but I want to move on to some more advanced tricks! I wanted to see if I could train it to do something cool every time I farted! Like maybe cover her nose or put her nose closer to my butty.

Does anyone know if this would be a good idea? I don't know much about training puppies but I know that most people don't like farts even thought I do! ;) Do you think that she won't like the farts? So far I can't tell whether she likes them or not. Do you think she will think they are punishment? If so maybe I can use gas instead of yelling since it kindof sounds like someone barking anyhow.

Also does anyone have any good ideas of tricks that may include a fart or several farts? I guess they could be her farts to but I don't know how to make a dog fart but I know how to make myself fart.

Thanks!

·
Registered
145 Posts
When I read the title to this post, I totally thought it was going another way. I would love to teach my dog some sort of trick where he left the room to fart. His farts are worse than I can possibly explain. And they linger for 10 to 20 min at a time. We call him deamon a$$.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Using a fart as a cue isn't "advanced". It's like using any other cue, except this one is a bit disgusting.

Advanced behaviour usually means something that requires chaining several behaviours together, like opening a cupboard, retrieve bottle and hand it to the owner.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Why don't you teach him to fall down and play dead! Lol! :) ( I am still just a kid at heart )

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
fwiw ... I assume this post is merely a put on, but hey, who knows what lengths people will go to for a laugh. .. I have to admit, I actually chuckled at the "barking" analogy. :doh: Silly me.

*AHEM* ....
idea #1: tug my finger
idea #2: Beano retrieve

Whatever the so-called "trick" ends up being, ya it'll probably be considered "stupid", ... however, I'm reasonably certain we'll never see you on Letterman.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There is a training vid on you tube to get ur dog to cover his eyes but basically is putting his paw across his nose.. it involves a piece of tape and it is pretty simple if you have patience. You cant get him to learn it in ten mins. but if you take a few mins working with him everyday...he will get it. Its called dog trick tutorial cover your eyes....by tab 289

1 - 14 of 14 Posts