Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...play music? I play piano and drums. I started about 3-4 years ago, and am 90% self taught. I was wondering if there were other musicians on DF. If so record yourself and post. It doesn't have to be perfect sound quality:rolleyes:.

Here's me on piano:
http://www.acidplanet.com/components/embedfile.asp?asset=1227657&T=5230

I recorded this with my camera, so it's not perfect sound quality...

·
Registered
688 Posts
Not gonna record myself since I don't even let my family hear me lol. But I play the lap harp, keyboard, steel guitar, and I am learning to play the electric guitar. I can't read music so I learn to play by ear woo lol

You are very good on the piano always wanted to learn.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I play piano, mostly self taught, though I did manage to get lessons for a few months back in high school from my choir teacher. I can also play clarinet, though not very well, and I'm learning acoustic guitar, again self taught. I used to play the recorder and tin whistle, and could probably pick that back up with a refresher. I've always been very musically inclined, probably because my mother wanted to be a music teacher. I always chose vocal lessons and choir over instruments in school, and I was the lead soprano in my high school choir. I wish I would have been able to do both.

I've always wanted to learn to play the harp, and the flute. I had a friend try to teach me the flute, and I couldn't even get a note out of it... :rolleyes: I can't play the drums to save my life, but my husband is pretty good. I did learn to play a bodhran a while ago, which was a lot of fun, but I don't own one so I'm not sure I could pick it back up.

Side note: I learned to read music when I was 4 years old. My mom got me one of those 8 key music toys, that kinda look like mini pianos with each key a different color. After I plunked out Happy Birthday and Mary Had a Little Lamb by ear, she wrote me up music cards with each note on the line as a color that corresponded with the colored keys. I didn't even realize she was teaching me anything, lol, but it's something I'll never forget.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Does this count?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I'd love to be able to sing.

In school I played clarinet, oboe and tuba. Tuba was my favorite.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Self taught all the way. I can play Fiddle/Violin, Mandolin, Acoustic Bass, (non electric ;-), Piano, Alto and Soprano Recorder, Lap Dulcimer. I also sing.

Music is as natural as breathing in my family.

My dad has his own small recording studio, where he's produced several quality CDs.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Corteo, Your playing is beautiful!

I play acoustic guitar and in the last few years, I got a Yamaha keyboard and started messing around with that. I sing and needed accompanyment. The keyboard does all the hard work. LOL

Here are a couple things I've done.

Wild Wind

And this one, I wrote and sang, but a friend remixed it, adding his own music. It's really different, but I love it.

Since You Left

One more. :) I also love doing songs a capella. I use a free download called "Audacity" to record them. Here's a verse of Amazing Grace.

·
Registered
861 Posts
i sing. not professionally or anything. nowadays its mostly in my car or in the shower, but back in the day i sang in a choir that toured through europe and was in a college a capella group.

i have always wanted to play the guitar. i actually would love to play the banjo. it's a Steve Martin thing.:D

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Well, I used too.
In high school I was in band from 10th grade to 12th grade. I basically taught myself flute and for my 11th and 12th grade years I was 3rd chair in our band (out of 12)... not too impressive, but I did beat out a bunch of kids that had been playing almost 3x's the amount of time I had.

I've been out of school for a while and I rarely pick up my flute now. I embouchure is almost completely gone now. I keep wanting to get back into it, and I know I really should, but I can't find anywhere to really play.

I did attempt to teach myself piano when I was like, 9? It went okay for about two weeks and then I got bored haha.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Yeah, I taught myself a little piano when I was in high school, but quit after a short while, because I knew it would go nowhere. I wasn't really "into" the piano, just wanted to try it. =P

I sang in high school, and still sing (when I'm alone), but I'm not very good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts