Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....... that there could possibly be some Havanese in this guy? I only know Schnauzer mix for certain.

I was Googling around some more and found some brindle Havanese images that resemble Eddee. I am just curious because there seem to be quite a few Havanese Breeders within a 50 mile radius of where I live ... more so than Cairn Breeders.

There is just something different with his eyes (they seem weirdly shaped to me) and his nose is sooo tiny? He has silky hair on his legs and head and neck. He has rough wirey hair on his back and tail (Schnauzer) and his white markings are that of all the Havanese pics I have seen including the brindle ones? He weighs between 12 -14 pounds now and is a tad long in body structure. He resembles some type of very long Terrier when he is soaking wet ... almost like an Italian Greyhound ... quite a thin long neck?

Also his colors are brilliant ... not like my washed out phone camera takes. He is red, blonde, silver, platinum, gray, chocolate, black, and white ... a complete rainbow of very shiny hair. It is also beginning to grow fairly long. But his hair on his head and face and legs are extremely fine and thin.

Though Eddee is just a mutt ... and I am no expert by any means on small breed dogs ... I am just curious as to what other expertise folks might think about my findings ....

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
I've always thought he had havenese or maltese in him,lol.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I would say it's quite possible.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies ... knowing possibilities could help with knowing certain breed(s) prone health issues and possibly other things such as grooming. :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
I still say he looks like my Odie did and he was half Bichon and half horny neighbordog.. I always wondered what that other half was !!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still say he looks like my Odie did and he was half Bichon and half horny neighbordog.. I always wondered what that other half was !!
Do Bichon's have the white markings like Eddee? I can definitely see the Schnauzer ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts