Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OMG is she hyper!! She doesn't know the word "NO" very well either! You could tell the guy really did love her and worked with her a little, and I emphasize little. She jumped up on us as we walked into his house, A LOT! We got home and she learned that isn't allowed at our house! She picked up on it pretty quickly also! BUT she will still jump up on us if we are sitting she will come up behind you..so we are still working on that! She is also learnign what NO means now. all that in a day and half!!! so she is a smart one!

She is deffinetly going to be much more stocky than gretta was and she is also going to have a bigger head than our Gretta did!

I forgot how much energy puppies have! LOL and she LOVES to give kisses, OMG does she give kisses! When she drinks she puts her whole nove all the way in also! LOL. EVERYTHING is either a game or toy! LOL

She seems to have seperation aniety, which we are working on! She can go 8+ hours in the house and no accidents (this was overnight). She lets us know when she has to go potty as well. This morning I woke up to get ready for work, I go in our bedroom to get her. Hubby was still asleep so I was whispering, she lifts up her head and growled at me like she forgot who I was for a minute, I told her no growl then she remembered who I was I guess and started waggy her little nubby tail. LOL.

We kept the name roxi as hubby liked the name. I will update more tomorrow of anything new when I get home from work tonight!

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
Congratulations!!! She sounds like a keeper.

I would hesitate to call it separation anxiety at this point...she's only been with you a couple of days..so it's more likely "where the heck am I ? anxiety" LOL

I also wouldn't worry about the growl when she was waking up...it's just like us being cranky when being woken up..she's still not sure where she is or what's what. Just a communication..this of course, is why they say "let sleeping dog's lie"! LOL

Good luck...got pictures yet??

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also wouldn't worry about the growl when she was waking up
got pictures yet??
Not worried about the growling, it was just funny! She seems to have chosen me also! Not that she doesn't go to hubby, but she follows ME everywhere! LOl

I unfortunatly don't have a digital camera. I sooo need to get one for internet use. I am not particularly fond of the them. I am old school on cameras! LOL I will try to get some for all of you though soon!

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
LOL..I still have my old pentax k1000 manual..so I understand. My pics that I post are from my cellphone...now I'm sold on digital but want a 35mm style (manual) for my next camera..it just takes time to adjust to the format..mentally!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL..I still have my old pentax k1000 manual..so I understand. My pics that I post are from my cellphone...now I'm sold on digital but want a 35mm style (manual) for my next camera..it just takes time to adjust to the format..mentally!
lmao I am totaly in love with My 35 mm Nikon N60! The quality of the pictures oare phenominal!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke too soon, because I got hubby to agree to a name change! YEAH. I name all my German dogs with a German name. So now re-introducing (drum roll)
Inga Roxi Roman (pictures are from my cell phone last night)
inga.jpg

inga 2.jpg

As you all know Rotties are big dogs. She things she isn't and likes to try to sleep under our bed! We this morning at 4:00 I was waken up to her barking bacause she got stuck under the bed! Now I have a king sized bed and it is heavy! Little old 100 lb nme had to lift the dang thing to get her out!

OH I forgot how playful puppies are, it has been so very long for me.
She also has now learned that my 19 year old cat isn't a scary thing but a fun barking toy! That happened at 11:30, 12:15, 1:45, 3:00. So I haven't had much sleep. We have a crate comign today from Hubby's brother, thank goodness we can start training like we ALWAYS do!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts