Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
693 Posts
Ugh, I both love and hate Huskies.

I love them because they are beautiful, intelligent and amazing working dogs.

I hate them because SO many people want them because they're "pretty wolf-dogs" and so few people are actually able to meet their needs.

That last puppy with the super dark coat is absolutely adorable and is going to be a stunner one day!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I hate them because SO many people want them because they're "pretty wolf-dogs" and so few people are actually able to meet their needs.

That last puppy with the super dark coat is absolutely adorable and is going to be a stunner one day!
now might be a good time to confess I took a few into my backpack :p

·
Registered
2,408 Posts

:( I like to think I'm a good Husky owner :(

·
Banned
693 Posts
:( I like to think I'm a good Husky owner :(
:) You don't need to "think" you are. I'm fully aware that you are and I'm always waiting for you to chime in on threads where misinformed people want to know if a Husky is right for them. Nothing like hearing the truth from someone who owns one!

They're beautiful dogs, and I won't lie, I swore when I was a kid that I'd have one some day. But there's no way in heck I could possibly provide a good home for one, and I both envy and respect anyone who can :)

SHHHHH it blended well with my jacket... I'm no saint.
...I must ask, what kind of jacket were you wearing? ;)

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
:) You don't need to "think" you are. I'm fully aware that you are and I'm always waiting for you to chime in on threads were misinformed people want to know if a Husky is right for them. Nothing like hearing the truth from someone who owns one!

They're beautiful dogs, and I won't lie, I swore when I was a kid that I'd have one some day. But there's no way in heck I could possibly provide a good home for one, and I both envy and respect anyone who can :)
Thank you :) You are so wonderful to me <3

You can visit Bella! :D I'm trying to talk my father into taking her in his truck with him. So far it's been a huge negative.

He goes to Michigan a lot and we have some family up there somewhere :p

·
Banned
693 Posts
Thank you :) You are so wonderful to me <3

You can visit Bella! :D I'm trying to talk my father into taking her in his truck with him. So far it's been a huge negative.

He goes to Michigan a lot and we have some family up there somewhere :p
Haha, what, he doesn't want black and white fur all over his truck?

It's been so hot and humid here, it's crazy. We had 44 straight days of weather over 80 degrees, which was the longest streak since like, 1959 or something like that. I am NOT a warm weather person and my poor dogs have been suffering, too. Atlas especially can't stand being outside when it's over 75.

...Sorry to hijack the Husky thread ;)

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
no worries I live in the same area, dmickle didn't mention the 100+ deg heatwave we got some weeks ago, makes 80 feel like a cool alaskan breeze.
Yeah. We got that too :( It was some crap weather on Mother Nature's part.

·
Banned
693 Posts
no worries I live in the same area, dmickle didn't mention the 100+ deg heatwave we got some weeks ago, makes 80 feel like a cool alaskan breeze.
How could I forget? I have a black car with black leather interior. I couldn't even get IN the thing until the door had sat open for a few minutes. The highest temperature my car got to was 118 degrees, but it went down once I started driving.

I much prefer very cold weather to hot.

·
Banned
693 Posts
I vote we all move to the mountains. Or Alaska.

Or somewhere cold :D
One of my dream vacations would be a trip to Alaska. However, then I may decide to never come back.

Ireland also have lovely temperatures, if you don't mind quite a bit of rain (which I don't). Or Scotland...

Why can't I win the lottery?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts