Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of each.Lilly is an outside dog who gets out two to three times a day.
Flip is the spoild rotten house dog who gets every thing she wants.

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Both of mine are indoor dogs. They are way too spoiled to be outdoor dogs. We have a large fenced in yard for them to go out when they want. They love to lay in the sun so a lot of the time they lay by the back sliding glass door and when it is really nice out they like to lay in the backyard. I love the fenced in yard. They can run free and I don't have to worry about them taking off or other dogs coming into our yard.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ricky is an indoor puppy because he's a member of our family. He goes where the boys go. Sometimes I do feel we have a little too much togetherness and ask the boys to take him outside to play for a while though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Most of my dogs have been inside dogs, except for Buford (a beagle). He just never seemed at home indoors - so I let him be an outside dog. Beethovan should have been an outside dog - he chewed through everything - including electrical chords. Not a very bright canine. :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Inside dogs

Our dogs are inside dogs...that's where family is supose to live anyhow. Sweet Pea doesn't like to go out too often, but Tinker Bell and Chawie would stay out all day if possible... they just don't like being out after dark.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have 3 pit bulls and 1 pom . I plan on this next summer getting another pom. All but 1 of our dogs are in the house, one of the pits just could not get the house breaking down. It makes me feel bad but we did try every thing to brake her. But she has a good life, we do bring her in when we can watch her real close.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
All indoor. My girl's an escape artist, and I just don't feel right leaving the dogs outside when I'm inside. Their couch potatoes sometimes just like me ;) LOL

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
what's an outdoor dog?:D .....i think that all dogs should be indoor w/ their people.....JMO

·
Registered
463 Posts
House dog. Sleeps on my bed :D Never outside unattended..always in the house

I think chaining a dog outside and leaving them there all day is cruel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Both of mine are outside dogs. My lab pup is the only one who gets to come inside. The other one is a mutt who gets into everything, and he is way to spastic. I love my dogs, but sometimes enough is enough.:D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Blackie and Rose are both outside dogs. Blackie is an outside dog through and through. Whenever I let the dogs inside, he comes in enough to get attention, but as soon as I open a door he is GONE. I think he'd be happy if we moved outside with him. :)

Rose is ok outside, but she is a little diva who would rather be inside on a couch then outside sunbathing. If It wasn't for Blackie being lonely outside without another dog for company, she'd be inside.

Any dog I get from now on will be inside, unless it just wants to be outside, and then it will be an outside/inside dog; maybe a dog door would be a good solution.

Dogs should be inside, but if they are housed properly outside and given training and attention, it isn't a bad thing. You have to evaluate each dog and each situation before you say it is bad or not, really.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have three dogs and all of them stay inside. However, I always am fostering a dog for the shelter. This dog has to stay outside, not enough room inside. My other dogs have a job to help socialize the pound mutt. I've built a kennel and have a hound heater on order so the dog house will be heated. The outside dog comes in at noon as my wife and I take in The Young and the Restless, then it is back outside. The pound dog walks with all of us. This is just the best I can do with the foster mutt. The foster mutt runs free in the yard when we are home, but in the kennel when we are away and at night.

Here is a picture of my kennel

·
Registered
53 Posts
One of my dogs are inside, the other two are outside dogs. But we have a huge yard for the inside dog to run and play in any time she wants. She is so spoiled she wouldn't be able to make it outdoors!;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've only had Moses a week, so that's how long he's been an indoor dog. He used to be in a decent outdoor kennel, but now that he's had a taste of living indoors, he's eager to go back in once he's done his duties. He's only 17 weeks old, so is fairly adaptable yet. :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts