Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come to the realization that my terrier shihtzu is my little prince. I have another dog, I've been around many other dogs, I've had dogs as a child, and I don't think I will ever bond with or love another pet as much as I love my Mac. It doesn't mean I don't care about the other dog I own, she is lovely and I am excited for the many years of happiness and companionship we are going to have together, but it just doesn't feel like the bond I have with Mac.

Do you have/have had a favourite? Do you feel any guilt about it if you are in a multi dog home?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't have a current favorite, I love them all in different ways but I do have a dog from the past that sticks out in my mind and one who I'd love to still have with me...

Strangely enough, his name was also Mac. He was a rat terrier that I had in high school, through college and lost him to a weird suspected snake bite that formed an abscess on his cheek shortly before my husband and I got married. There isn't a day goes by that I don't miss that dog, even though it's been 10 years and I have dogs that are smarter, cuter, more athletic, etc. He was just special, and I'm not sure I'll ever find that again. I do love my other dogs, I love them all, but he was truly my heart dog.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I never had more than one dog. My special dog was Layla and I have compared every dog after her to her. Not fair, I know, but I can't help it. I loved the dog that came after her, and I am already in love with our current dog. But Layla was my "perfect" dog. She's dead some 15 years and I still miss her (and I wasn't even fortunate enough to share most of her life with her).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts