Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes:Do you ever wonder what dogs are thinking whenever we try to fool them into taking their pills?

I put a little bit of peanut butter on her pill well she licked and sucked the peanut butter off and then spit out the pill

Then I put the pill all the way down her throat kept her mouth closed for a good minute or two set her down about a minute after putting her down she spits it out

You might think third time is a charm... right? well no such luck...here i am thinking im being sneaky by mixing her soggy pill with her canned food...and what do you think she did?...yea thats right ate all around the pill:eek:

Then she looks at me with a smirk in her face tail wagging and i swear i hear her thinking "sucker you cant fool me im too smart for that"

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
My basset eats anything that sits still long enough. I can toss a pill on top of his dog food, under his dog food or in the middle of his dog food or just hand it to him like it's a treat. He doesn't care. The cocker is kind of the same way.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
My dogs think taking pills is the bestest thing ever! Even if it's only one dog getting medicated they all get something incredibly delicious before, during and after the pill or liquid being taken so they're conditioned to get happy and hungry whenever they see me get out a medication bottle for them. Getting better or staying healthy is fun! We have a party! Usually they'll get to nom a few different things like steak, or peanut butter, or ham, or scrambled eggs, or cheese, or canned food, etc. Most of them will inhale a pill when I cover it with something yummy, but for those that don't I just crush the pill and mix it or the liquid they're taking in with a mush of foodstuff to cover up the taste.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts