Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We allow both dogs on our furniture. We also have 3 dog beds for them. They are big dogs, they take up a lot of room. They both lay on the couch, honestly they think they are 75 pound lap dogs. Shadow will also jump up in the rocking recliner chair and curl up and lay down. At night Sadie sleeps on the dog beds on the floor on dh's side of the bed and Shadow sleeps at the bottom of our bed but only in the winter. As soon as nice weather comes she won't even try to jump up there. Which is weird to me because we have an air conditioner in the bedroom, so it is cooler in there in the summer than in the winter. We got the dogs in the first place to treat them like family so they are allowed on the furniture just like family.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I love Emily lots, but she doesn't need to be on the furniture. Even still, I let her lie on the couch with me to watch TV. We don't let her on our bed. Our bed is so tall she probably couldn't get in it anyway.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wish we didn't allow him on the furniture, but we do. He is also allowed on the bed, which I do not like. I don't like to wake up in the morning with dog hair in my mouth and eyes. We bought him a doggy bed, which he is starting to use now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My dog is allowed on the couch, chairs, and beds. We've let him since hes been a puppy, and during the day he just likes to stretch out and sleep on the couch. It works quite well

·
Registered
245 Posts
All of my dogs are allowed on the bed and couches. Which I never should have started because trying to sleep in a full sized bed with my husband and 3 dogs and 3 cats is not easy! Thankfully, all of them don't sleep on the bed everynight but sometimes they do claim the couches and we have to kick them off. :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
My wife allowed our dog Scruffy on our bed when He first came to live with us. At first she told me absolutely not, but when she heard his whine, she became like sun softened taffy - he came up and never left. :D

During thunderstorms he would wrap himself around my head - I learned to hate thunderstorms. :eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Eski is not allowed to go on the furniture at all, except for one spot on the old couch by the front window. She knows this is the only place she's allowed to go, and she won't go anywhere else while we are at home. But sometimes if I come home very quietly I'll catch her quickly jumping off the one of the chairs and running into the kitchen to try to pretend she hasn't done anything! It's so funny.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Julie is a sneak

My golden retriever, Julie, is not allowed on the furniture. In fact, she used to be an "outside dog" but ever since our german shepherd died and we moved, she has been an "inside dog." The problem is, she sheds like crazy. We have to vaccum the carpet constantly and I can't even imagine if she were on our furniture all of the time. I have caught her though. I creep downstairs sometimes in the morning, and there she is on the couch. As soon as she sees me, she jumps off that couch so fast, and then puts her head down...because she knows ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
my inside dog Flip is allowed on all the funiture except a new couch in the basement. that one is a tan, swade material and you can see all the black hair on it. so one couch that she cant be on wont kill her. hehe

·
Registered
237 Posts
thats what i think !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
they must be good teddy bears to sleep with.HEHE. my little lab Flip sleeps with me. ( she is such a bed hog !!!!!! )

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hazel will get into the bed, but she doesn't stay there long. Malone, the collie mix, is medium sized and he sleeps in the bed most every night. He will stretch himself out to the longest he possibly can, and then he makes himself like a dead weight so you can't move him very easy.

·
Registered
237 Posts
hehe, one i time snuck Lilly my outside dog inside because it was so cold out and thats how shes gets too.....lol ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
We haven't allowed any of our dogs on the furniture because I don't like the dog hair on my clothes. But my first "baby" Oscar (Lab/Weimeraner mix) knew I would let him get into bed with me after my husband left for work. We rarely crated him when we left him alone. Several times we came home and opened the front door to see Oscar coming from the direction of the guest room where his crate was. He would be stretching and yawning, obviously having been awakened from a good nap. Except when I felt the couch, there was a warm spot. I didn't usually reprimand him because I could tell by his body language that he knew he'd been busted.

·
Registered
734 Posts
when we first got our dog we were like "no dogs on the furniture" but that lasted about a hour. We wanted to play and hold him but we were on the couch. Then we started puting them in bed with us in the morning. I figure they are apart of the family and can sit on the couch.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts