Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd throw out a few more pics of my beasties.

This Butts For You.

I Love The Snow.

Anyone for a game of Lure Course?

Porch Dog.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That's what I want to know!

They're gorgeous! I love to see pictures of all one breed. Against the snow, these guys are hard to see. LOL
There's an old joke my Great G-ma told me...and it so eloquently describes the answer to this question (humorous if you get it). But...the punchline is, You take the "C" out of Cat, and the "F" out of Way.

The real answer is I spend alot of time with my Dals. They are smart, but I've learned how to manage it. I try to stay a step ahead, and 'think' like a Dal/Dog. All of mine see me as the Pack Leader, so I manage them alot with my energy (not to sound like Cesear Milan). Quite frankly, the house runs very smoothly and rarely are there any surprises when it comes to them. I'm sure everyone has a horror story about the neighbors or cousins Dal biting them, or such and such, I've heard them all. But, knock on wood, I have never had such an inicident. Maybe it's a combination of the time spent with them, training them and discipline that has worked for me. Also, I wouldn't put my dogs in a situation that would provoke a negative reaction. Like leaving them outside barking, or letting them run loose in the nieghborhood. I dunno. I take lots of pride in my dogs... and can only hope they set a good example for my beloved breed.

Sorry I'm STILL trying to figure out this quote thing. The reponse was regarding how do I handle so many Dals, and I heard they are hard to handle.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Those are gorgeous pics, and gorgeous dogs! Thanks for sharing!

Were you really lure coursing? I did some of that with my whippets and it was VERY fun.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Beautiful dogs and pictures! I am a total sucker for Dals, and for the record have never had a negative experience with one lol (nor heard of anyone who has had such an experience first-hand).

Not to pick a favorite, but "Porch Dog"'s face is adorable.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!
So happy that a Dal owner joined! I just love seeing great looking Dals!!!

Hey AlaskaDals!
I put up an ACTION SHOT thread! You MUST MUST MUST go and share your awesome shots of your babies! I love action shots!
Nessa

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys are Really Sweet...and thank you for all the nice things you have said. :D I am really enjoying this Forum thus far...especially the pics...cuz I'm a pic fantatic!

To answer Maliraptor...yes I Lure Course. Currently 2 of my Dals, and adding a 3 to the string this spring/summer. I find it an excellent avenue of relief for my Monsters, LOL. They love it, and can be more focused than the Sighthounds at times. I've been working them on a bike lately to build their stamina for this years fun runs.

And chul3l3ies1126 - I will post something there for you. :)

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Beautiful Dals. I've only ever seen them at dog shows around here, so it's nice to see some 'in the wild' so to speak. =)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Your dogs are insanely gorgeous. I think I'm already in love.

I love black and white dogs... especially Dalmatians. My aunt did have one several years ago, but I don't remember much of him because it was so long ago. I think if I could pick a breed based 100% on looks, it'd be a Dal.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Hooray for Dal pictures! This forum needed some Dals!! My husband had one as a child and we still have little white hairs in our backgammon board from him :D

I have a question for you. How tall are your dogs and how much do they weigh? There is an on-going debate with my in laws as to whether my dog Cherokee is bigger or small than their Champ the dal was.

Cherokee is a super mutt but, he reminds them all of Champ.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
They certainly are absolutely stunning! I just love Dalmatians. I've always wanted one in my daydreams. In reality, I am not active enough! I will stick to my lazy Whippet boy for now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow - they are beautiful - I used to have a Dalmation we lost him 2 years ago last September, it was the worst day of my life. He was an awesome dog, he was a little hyper when he was young but nothing unmanageable. He had bladder issues like some Dal's do though. We have another dog now a much smaller breed. My Dal was the love of my life though. I sure do miss him.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts