Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO please lets not lecture me on why this might be wrong, but as I fed my dogs their special dinner tonight, I thought of how good they have it with me.

I have a huge lab mix who eats anything and a dachshund mix who is picky and a little overweight. They typically get a high end kibble and occassionally a raw treat.

Anyways, they both got the following tonight and they literally licked their bowls and searched for more (despite the fact that they were maybe a little overindulged tonight.....no worries, we will work it off tomorrow on our hike)...they NEVER act like that with normal dinners.

Tonight they got Wellness chicken/lamb (one was soaked in a gravy mix) mixed with a can of organix, combined with fine/small chunks of Natural balance turkey roll.....drizzled with a skin and coat gravy....My dogs have iron guts so we dont have to go to the "tummy upset" issue.

They dont get it THAT good normally....I was feeling saucey.

Im also going to pick them up some fun to eat raw treats next grocery trip.

Do you ever have a "special" dinner for your dogs ever?

My dogs were happy and content after dinner...lol. They are absolutely konked out now.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Hmmm, I think I want to come back as one of your dogs if it turns out that there is such a thing as reincarnation. LOL

·
Registered
976 Posts
What lucky pups!

Bailey and the dachshund get regular kibble in the morning and at night they get their kibble soaked in water and heated to make a sort of gravy. I then drizzle in a tablespoon of olive oil and add 1/8 cup of non-fat plain yogurt on top. Some days I will add some chopped green beans, and a couple times a week I sprinkle on some diatomaceous earth.

For treats they get frozen carrots, green beans or my homemade treats. They also get about 1/4 cup of organic unsweetened cranberry juice (trying to prevent Bailey from getting those nasty UTIs). About once a week they get an egg (fresh from my aunt's farm).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Spoiling them can be good in some cases. variety is very healthy for a dog. My dog gets high end kibble(natural balance ultra premium), Raw egg every other day, and yogurt, and cut up veggies daily. Oh yeah and bully sticks a couple times weekly. I actually have found that feeding a variety of foods will lead to your dog eating everything you offer. When I just fed kibble, my dog barely touched it, now, he gobbles down everything, including his kibble. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts