Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have a 6 month old toy sized australian shepherd. I am a little worried and not sure if I need to go to the emergency vet or just call my vet or even that. Over the past few days it seems like he hasn't been eating as much (he eats just not as much as normal etc). He has been drinking water just fine and acting like his normal self although Saturday he seemed more tired than normal.

Tonight, 15 minutes after being outside, he pooped on the floor (which he hasn't done since the first two weeks I had him). And then five minutes after that he lost his dinner. (Was fairly solid for vomit - sorry for the detail.) Then about 15 minutes after that he tossed his cookies again but this time quite liquidy and a much larger amount. In this I found little pieces of a toy I had thrown away earlier today because I noticed pieces braking off etc.

I am hoping this is just a tummy reaction to eating the toy etc but should I be concerned? Do I need to take him in?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Can you call your vet or an e vet and tell them what happened/symptoms? It's free and would ease your mind.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called and they said its a bit of a tough call, particularly because the second time had toy bits in it. He threw up again since I wrote and it was completely liquid. I have been instructed to wait til morning and call the vet provided he doesn't continue vomiting, which seems unlikely since he is sleeping peacefully at my side. Thanks, it did ease my mind a bit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello again! Ok I have another question regarding the same issue. We went to the vet and they did an x-ray to make sure there wasn't an obstruction since there were pieces of a toy in his vomit the second time. There wasn't thank the Lord so they gave him a shot for nausea and sent him home with high fiber food hoping that will surround the bits of toy left in his stomach and bring it out. He has been acting normal except for one thing which is my question.

He seems to have forgotten that if he needs to go out to tell me or he is rebelling and doesn't want to. When this first started he pooped on the floor shortly after we had been out and he had done nothing. It was almost like he couldn't wait. Well since then he has pooped on the couch and once again on my floor this morning. And just a minute ago he pee'd on my floor.

My question is this: Is this because his body is just trying to expel everything and he doesn't always have a choice when it comes or do you think he is being rebellious and either way, what do I do?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
He isn't rebelling - he has just gone through an awful lot recently :) Go back to your basic training and start over again with the potty training. He'll catch on quickly once more :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts