Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use Advantage multi on my dog. Today after I applied it I realized i have one tube left. The vet's office is closed. I know it's a prescription thing but do I need to make an appointment and take my dog in to get more or can I just stop in? My dog's 11 months old and been going to the same vet since I got him at 3 months.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Call and find out. It's important to have the correct dosage. If he's still growing vet may want to have a current weight before prescribing more. My vet allows me to go in and have the dog weighed and chart updated without an appointment or charge.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Definitely call to find out. Because it's a puppy, they might want you to bring him in to get an accurate weight.

But my vet will prescribe preventatives for some long-term, generally healthy, clients without an appointment, as long as he's seen them at least once in the last 12 months.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Call and find out when the office opens again. If the dog is still growing, they may ask you to come in and have the dog weighed.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
do I need to make an appointment and take my dog in to get more or can I just stop in?
It might vary from vet to vet. We don't need to make an appointment at our vet. I just go in and buy more when we need it.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Yeah just call and see what they say. I just go by and get what I need when I need it, normally.

But really... I never quite understand these types of questions. A call to the vet costs nothing - yet people consistently seem so unwilling to do so. So many thread topics of "should I go to the vet if..." when a simple phone call to the vet asking THE SAME QUESTION will provide an answer that is far more appropriate than what internet strangers could tell you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts