Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy is 6.5 months old and doesn't seem interested in eating as much anymore. She will gladly eat her dinner, and we use her food when training her. She will do anything for her food, we rarely have to use any "high value" treats.
But in the mornings she seems so uninterested in her breakfast. She will gladly drink water but the only way I can get her to eat her breakfast is if I mix some cheese in it.
I'm sure she's too young to only eat once a day, but since her weight and size seem to be leveling off and she's not growing at the rate she was before do I need to lessen the amount of food I give her?
I'm giving her 1.5 cups of kirkland puppy food 2x a day for a total of 3 cups a day.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's a JRT and boxer mix, she weights about 30 lbs.
During the week I don't really have time to offer it more then twice, on the weekends I'll leave it down for a while but she never really finishes it. But she ALWAYS eats all her dinner very quickly.

·
Registered
529 Posts
She's just not hungry then. Our collie puppy of about four months does the same occasionally. They go through growth spurts and sometimes are not as hungry between them. Continue to offer food in the morning. She will eat again when she's hungry.

Don't coax her into eating by adding things to the food though. That will just create a picky eater.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts