Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am owner of french bulldog. I used to take my frenchie with me on walk, some time even for swimming with me. So my questions is that do they really like swimming or not. DO swimming have any negative effect on there health?

Can i buy swim jacket for frenchie or not?

I am reading so many blogs these days to take good care for my french bulldog.

As i have seen that it is not an easy job to take care of frenchie's and they are really expensive as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,919 Posts
Many bulldogs do have trouble swimming, due to having heavy, wide bodies, short noses that are harder to keep above water, and relatively short legs. But the good news is, you can absolutely buy buoyant doggy life jackets that will help keep them safe! I'd look for one where the floatation support comes all the way around the front to help keep your pup's head above water, and a handle on the back so you have a way to grab them if they're in any trouble.

I haven't personally used any doggy life vests for my dogs, but I have heard good things about the options Ruffwear and Outward Hound offer. If you can, it might help to go to a store that has several options so you can try them on and make sure they fit well.

·
Registered
114 Posts
SOME can, but of the dozens of Frenchies I have worked with who decided to try the pool, only one could actually swim and it took ALL of his effort to keep his nose above water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts