Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruby is a mix -- terrier, chi (Cheerier, lol??) and maybe some other breeds.

She's an older puppy and was rescued 2 months ago and fostered. The foster parents told me that they found her chained to a toolbox sitting in the rain/snow.

I notice that she doesn't "smile", ie, have her toungue hanging out or looking around with her mouth open just chillin' out, breathing with "happy" eyes. She doesn't seem very relaxed when she's just hanging out, a little nervous.

I've noticed other Chihuahuas at the park don't seem to "smile" there (in that kind of that "Lab" way), maybe it's a breed thing?? I don't know!!

Any insight would be very much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I don't know about Chihuahuas but all the dogs I've ever had smiled. I've always had GSD's in the past but currently have a mixed bag of several breeds at home and there certainly isn't any shortage of smiles in our house. :D
Since you haven't had your dog long maybe she just hasn't had enough time to realize she's in a safe place where she can relax and smile. Afterall, it sounds as though she had a hard life before. Give her lots of love and reasons to smile and time.... ;)

Jihad
and the pound puppy crew.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts