Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet Skye, our newest family member. The shelter labeled him as a Boxer - Greyhound mix. I think the Boxer mix is a little easier to agree with than the Greyhound side. The tapered waist, deep chest and gallop says greyhound to me, but I would like more back-up. However, he tends to sniff outside like crazy sometimes making me wonder if he's more of a scent hound rather than a sight hound.

I would love to hear personal experiences and opinions based on your experiences regarding the accuracy, presentation and overall geek factor regarding these DNA tests :)

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Would you mind sharing with us the results? I'm curious :D
Sure! This is the lady in question:

She's holding her ears up, they don't normally stand but just droop on the sides of her head. She's about 19 inches at the shoulder and 45 lbs. Saggy neck and muzzle, looks like a splash of Shar Pei in her face. The test came back as primarily American Foxhound and English Springer Spaniel. Other breeds identified in her ancestry are Puli, Beauceron, Canaan dog, English Cocker Spaniel, and Doberman. I could hear arguments for physical traits from some but Puli and Canaan dog? Cocker Spaniel is just weird.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Magpie's got quite the extensive background! I could see my test results now. Skye's results are going to come back Cane Corso, Dogo, Akita, Schnauzer, Pomeranian and...Lab mix, HAHAHAHAHA!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I wish that they were more accurate, but based on what I've heard (and some results that have been shared on here), it sounds like they are not worth the money.

I don't care what Atlas is, but it would be fun to see what the results came up as. Everybody else in the world doesn't seem to accept the answer that he's "my little mystery mutt".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts