Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Haven't posted in a while, but I do remember a lot of you guessing Wesley's breed when I first got him :) Most guesses were Border Collie Mixes. Just thought I'd share!

Results (Wisdom Panel):

50% Australian Shepherd
25% Beauceron
25% Mystery Breed (Strongest possible match - Irish Water Spaniel)

Wesley DNA Report.jpg Wesley Rise and Shine2.jpg Wesley1.jpg Wesley2.jpg

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Cool! While I don't see the Beauceron so much, I certainly see the Aussie and Spaniel. Is that a short, super-fast waggy tail he has?
Love those eyes....how are you not hypnotized? =)
Beautiful boy!

I might try Wisdom Panel to see if it matches Bella's BioPet results....just fer grins :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! While I don't see the Beauceron so much, I certainly see the Aussie and Spaniel. Is that a short, super-fast waggy tail he has?
Love those eyes....how are you not hypnotized? =)
Beautiful boy!

I might try Wisdom Panel to see if it matches Bella's BioPet results....just fer grins :)
It's actually a long, feathered tail - he just likes to sit on it!

Wesley's First Snow.jpg

·
Registered
259 Posts
Cool! I just posted my results yesterday (no one commented though lol) after getting them from Wisdom Panel. I can't say I was disappointed with the product, aside from simply wishing there'd been a little something more to show on one side (100% "mixed breed" on one side and pure Siberian Husky up the other). Glad to see someone else posting results, too!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool! I just posted my results yesterday (no one commented though lol) after getting them from Wisdom Panel. I can't say I was disappointed with the product, aside from simply wishing there'd been a little something more to show on one side (100% "mixed breed" on one side and pure Siberian Husky up the other). Glad to see someone else posting results, too!
LOL! I expected the Aussie and some type of Spaniel but had no idea how much. The beauceron is totally random to me as far as appearance, but still in the herding group which makes sense for his behavior. Overall: who knows exactly how accurate it is, but it was really fun. Totally worth the $60. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wondering about his markings (they're stripes, not merle), specifically on the sides of his face. Just found this. Beauceron is starting to make a little more sense...

Wesley Sing.jpg beauceron.jpg

·
Registered
4,248 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Neither Aussies nor Beaucerons come in brindle. And Beaucerons are so rare, you're more likely to win the lotto without playing it than to have a Beauceron mix!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Turns out VERY VERY VERY rarely an Aussie with brindle in it's tan points is born. But, I'd say the odds are stacked against that being the source of the gene

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
And Beaucerons are so rare, you're more likely to win the lotto without playing it than to have a Beauceron mix!
lol I was sitting here waiting for someone else to say it :p

I would still say he is a BC X...maybe with some Spanial..his apperence and his colour(brindle points are common in BC's) fit with that, plus with both BCs and Spanials being common breeds, and in fact a common mix. I dont for a minute believe there is a drop of Beauceron in him TBH.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts