Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog is so very GSD in everything she does. I don't think she is pure. Well she could be I don't know. She is a rescue. I have been thinking of doing the DNA test. They seem kind of fun. I have one friend that did it and results did make a bit of sense. She is happy she did it.

You can get the test for $65 on amazon. If done right with little contamination results can be good.

If you have done the DNA test I would love a to see a photo of your dog and tell us what the test said it was. Was the test worth it?

My dog Cookie who I want to do the test on. My guess is mom is pure GSD dad might be German shepherd husky mix. Cookie story is. She was owned by a lady that got her as a pup. When cookie came Down with Parvo the owner contacted A GSD rescue telling them she "found" cookie and she was sick. Once the pup recovered the lady wanted it back. The rescuer said no we will find her a new home.That new home was mine. Here is cookie my parvo survivor.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think most mutts have many other breeds in them. So I don't think it is crazy to have you dogs DNA to come back with many breeds.

Thanks guys and thanks for sharing the photos.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I found the wisdom test for $55 I bought it. I can't wait to see what it says. I'm a crazy dog nerd and I think it will be fun.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fist poodle thing has the colors of a sheep dog. The DNA test go by % of breeds in the dog. The sheepdog breed might have been a small % but traceable. It dose no seem that far off.

The black dog makes sence. A Pom is small and a wheaten is medium small. So these to could breed. The pups of that mix your be in the 25lb range I think. A male of that mix could mate with a small lab female. The black pup looks like that mix.

I can't wait to see what mine comes back as. Her personality and looks are very GSD with some husky. There might be another dog in the mix we will see.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I got results

She is GSD, Shetland sheep dog, chow, and mix.

The mix breeds in her could be made up of these dogs.
18.11% glen of imaal terrier
6.26% shiba inu
4.20% standard poodle
3.84% chinook
3.17% am staff

The 3 main breeds that do make my dogs DNA honestly make sense to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts