Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So these are the two options I have for cable and internet, I'm trying to decide before we move which one I should go with. I'd love to hear opinions about the companies, customer service, ect. Thanks so much!

·
Super Moderator
11,447 Posts
I have Directv. When I signed up, the combination of channels we wanted was much cheaper than it was with Dish Network.

We've had it a couple of years and all the first year discounts have expired and we are paying WAY too much. If it were up to me, I would drop it altogether and use Netflix, Hulu Plus and Amazon Prime plus a good antennae for local channels. But my wife would DIE with Bravo and a couple other channels.

Dish now has a deal where you can lock in your rate for a couple years (the life of the contract.) I'm thinking about calling Directv and telling them to cancel and see what they say. If they call my "bluff" I probably will cancel and switch to Dish.

It also concerns me that Directv is now part of AT&T. I'm not a fan.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Ive had Dish, Direct and Time Warner. Id go with Direct over Dish because it seems the same as Dish but customer service and options are better. Hubby works for Time Warner so we get free cable, phone and net... cant complain there. Customer service is great.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have Directv. When I signed up, the combination of channels we wanted was much cheaper than it was with Dish Network.

We've had it a couple of years and all the first year discounts have expired and we are paying WAY too much. If it were up to me, I would drop it altogether and use Netflix, Hulu Plus and Amazon Prime plus a good antennae for local channels. But my wife would DIE with Bravo and a couple other channels.

Dish now has a deal where you can lock in your rate for a couple years (the life of the contract.) I'm thinking about calling Directv and telling them to cancel and see what they say. If they call my "bluff" I probably will cancel and switch to Dish.

It also concerns me that Directv is now part of AT&T. I'm not a fan.
I currently have Brighthouse and I'm not their biggest fan. We limited it to the basic cable and internet and so far I can't think of anything I'm really missing since getting basic cable. I got a quote from AT&T and it was ridiculous!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive had Dish, Direct and Time Warner. Id go with Direct over Dish because it seems the same as Dish but customer service and options are better. Hubby works for Time Warner so we get free cable, phone and net... cant complain there. Customer service is great.
Never thought about Time warner. Just looked into it, they don't service my area.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Direct TV. I worked for Dish though, so I may juat be bitter. They treated the customers terribly, treated their employees terrible, treat the techs terrible. Just awful awful company. Rant over.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I like Directv. I've had it since the days of...you walked into Circuit City, bought the dish, bought the receiver you wanted, installed it yourself the called Directv and they gave you access to the signal. Over the years if we ever had a problem, they would send someone out, usually within 24 hours, and the technician usually leaves his mobile number in case there is a problem that arises within a day or 2 after the service call. I've never been disappointed with their service.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
We switched to DirecTV after the local place decided AMC wasnt worth carrying... We went with DirecTV instead of Dish because, at that point, the channels we were looking for were cheaper (not sure now that its been almost 2 years and many of the discounts have expired). At this point customer service has been really good. They try to trouble shoot problems over the phone, if that fails we set up a time for a tech. to come visit. We have had 3 visits...install & 2 issues. All 3 techs were very professional, very clean...and didnt panic over the 150lb dog watching their every move (Bus was contained but...).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts