Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously a white puppy will be dirty 99% of the time. I just bathed her and my parents' dog tackled her in the mud outside. I know dogs shouldn't need alot of baths, but I had to clean the urine/feces off her since she doesn't mind laying in her messes. She can have the whole kitchen to herself and still sit in her puddle.

My question today is, is there anything I can use to clean her daily without having to soak her in bath water? Like maybe some kind of baby wipe or that waterless dog bath? I'm wondering if keeping her clean might help getting her to avoid her messes in the process of house training. She is a little more than 2 months old and I can only make a quick trip home on my lunch breaks to take her out.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
They do make doggie bath wipes that might help you out. I think you can get them at any pet store.

Good luck, sounds like you have your hands full there. :D

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
They do make doggie bath wipes that might help you out. I think you can get them at any pet store.

Good luck, sounds like you have your hands full there. :D
Yes, you get a brown dog you don't have them problems, it's those white high maintenance dogs that have all the problems.:D

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Daily brushing is excellent for removing dirt, dead hair, etc. and helps spread the natural body oils which bathing removes. A curry brush is a favorite for the larger breeds. That goes in the pile with the undercoat rake, the pin brush, the slicker brush, the comb, the mat breaker, the half dozen sissors, clippers, nail clippers, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At the rate she's going, she will be a brown dog.. lol.. The only problem is, she'd be a stinky brown dog.. She just had her first vet visit and she told me that a little water and wipe down would be alright.. My puppy is short haired and hopefully stays that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts